View Full Version : set ring tones for phone numbers

possmann
08-06-2004, 04:19 AM
Hi All;

Is it a standard feature of the smartphone OS to allow you to set up an mp3 (or wma) file for specific phone number? For instance, if I have my bosss calling me I'd like to set up the Imperial March from Star Wars so I know it's him without even looking at the number...

:lol: suggestions?

Kris Kumar
08-06-2004, 05:08 PM
Yes it is a standard feature :-)

You can go into Contacts->Select the Contact->Edit->Then scroll to the bottom of the contact information and you will find the 'Custom Ring Tone' box.

djjazz
09-25-2004, 03:45 AM
Hmmm... so I've uploaded a few .wavs into the SD card, but I can't seem to personalize rings with them, since the only options I have are the original ones the phone comes with...

And since I haven't figured out how to delete original data from the phone to make room for more useful things... can anyone help me out?

Mike Temporale
09-25-2004, 03:54 AM
You have to put the file in the "\Storage\Application Data\Sounds" folder.

djjazz
09-25-2004, 04:14 AM
You have to put the file in the "\Storage\Application Data\Sounds" folder.

Is this on the SD card or the phone itself?
I did this for the phone, but the "custom ring" under contacts still won't pop up any of the .wavs I uploaded...?

Thanks in advance!

kingraf01
10-16-2004, 11:51 PM
It has to be on the phone itself, in WAV format. Although now that I upgraded my MPX200 to Mobile 2003, I can use a WMA file as my normal ring. I can't remember in what folder I put the WAVs in my MPX though, I thought it was in the windows folder with all the other sounds. ALthough after a couple times it goes back to the normal ringtone by itself.

Does anyone know if there is any files we can delete on the MPX200 to make space for more storage? And that it won't affect it's performace?

Kris Kumar
10-17-2004, 04:04 AM
Does anyone know if there is any files we can delete on the MPX200 to make space for more storage? And that it won't affect it's performace?

I don't think there is much you can delete. The only thing I delete are the home screen wallpapers. I just one or two and delete the rest. But that does not free up much space. :-(

The best is to install all the apps (except one or two critical ones like Xbar) on to the Storage Card (SD card) instead of the Main Memory. That will free up the Main Memory.