View Full Version : Does Roam text/icon flash when being charged extra for roaming?

John Cody
07-25-2004, 05:31 PM
I was told by multiple verizon reps that if my roaming "indicator" flashes, then that means I am roaming, but still within their network, so I WILL NOT be charged any roaming fees because I have an Americas choice plan. But, if my roaming "indicator" is on steadily (not flashing), then it means I am outside their network and will be charged $0.69/min.

Well, I was in North Carolina, and both the roaming "Christmas tree" icon in the top icon bar and the word "Roaming" on the home page was steady (not flashing), but I still needed to make a few calls, so I did. But, when I got my bill, those minutes showed up a regular amerca's choice minutes and there was no roaming charges for them.

So, my question is this...since the version techs can often be very lame at times, and their is a good chance that they really don't even know for sure if the roaming indicators on the i600 even has the ability to flash, has anyone actually seen their roaming icon and/or text flash?

robinsonb
07-26-2004, 06:25 PM
I don't ever remember my roaming indicator flashing....mostly used down the Interstate in NC & SC.

John Cody
07-26-2004, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the reply, I am going to get it in writing from Verizon how I should be able to tell if I am billable roaming or not.

maxnix
07-27-2004, 07:05 AM
I thought steady roam light meant one is roaming, but flashing roam light meant one is covered by the network even though out of home area.

Ask Verizon which means what.

John Cody
07-27-2004, 12:17 PM
I thought steady roam light meant one is roaming, but flashing roam light meant one is covered by the network even though out of home area.

Ask Verizon which means what.

You got it right, steady = billable, flashing = non-billable. It's just that I have never seen my roaming indicators flash :roll:

John Cody
08-27-2004, 02:05 PM
UPDATE:

I was just informed by a Verizon senior tech that the roaming icon (triangle) does NOT have the ability to flash, so it is not possible to know 100% if you are roaming in-network (non-billable) or out-of-network (billable).

This is obviously a potentially serious issue.