View Full Version : WAV ringers skipping for anyone after 2003 update?

robinsonb
07-24-2004, 01:01 AM
I have an Austin Powers.wav file as my ringer and since doing the update it skips. I changed to my other favorite, Benny Hill, and that skips as well. At first I thought it had to the vibrate and ring setting, but changing that didn't help. I reset the phone, thinking it could be a memory issue, but that didn't work either. Anyone else having trouble with this?

jimpilot
07-25-2004, 03:54 PM
Yes exact same problem. If you go to the sounds page and select the ringtone it runs great, but not when you receive a call.

Mike Temporale
07-25-2004, 06:57 PM
Uh oh! After all this time preparing the update, it looks like there are a number of small issues. tsk, tsk...

OnTheRun
07-25-2004, 10:05 PM
I had the same problem but solved it by setting the i600 to vibrate first then ring. I assume it gives the phone enough time to buffer the ringtone. It amazes me how Samsung so underpowered this phone and how Verizon, who takes forever to test things, never does so in the real world.

ARW
07-27-2004, 05:07 AM
Same problem here. Not much confidence in the msft, vzw, sammy trio.

aristoBrat
07-27-2004, 05:41 PM
I'd guess that whatever they did to make Caller ID actually work on phones with large numbers of contacts is really swamping the CPU when the phone rings (searching thru the numbers, or whatever it does).

pbegley
08-05-2004, 05:50 PM
I have been testing a few .wav tones and all work as expected. I didn't put any spaces in the names, and the files are relatively small.

Also, what do you consider to be 'a lot of contacts'? I have ~800 contacts and caller ID works pretty fast for me.

I have had my phone for about two weeks with SmartPhone 2003. Verizon did the upgrade same day I got the phone.

mcdevitt101
08-08-2004, 12:33 AM
I have noticed the same thing but it seems to always happen after the phone locks up and I have to reset it by removing the battery. :oops: