View Full Version : phone call tracking on smartphone - Samsung i600

redman
07-22-2004, 11:18 AM
Does anyone know of a way to track notes for your place/received phone calls on the smartphone, I have a Samsung i600. I used Goldmine on the PC, which is a PIM/CRM that did this by putting an entry in your calendar that was like an appointment in the calendar but was linked to a contact and had a status field to determine if it was pending or complete. I can kinda use Outlook appointments like this but they are not linked to a contact when they get onto the Smartphone. Also, Outlook has the journal option, which I don't use for some reason I cannot remember but it must have been a big issue, but also the Smartphone does not have a journal viewer anyways, so another dead end.

Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreicated!

Regards,

Steve 8)

TimeHunter
08-04-2004, 12:42 AM
I haven't used either, but perhaps PowerTasks or PowerCalendar would address your need. Unfortunately, neither is free.

redman
08-10-2004, 12:32 AM
I found a program, Smart Phone Find, by Syncdata:

http://www.syncdata.it/index.html

that does exactly what I was hoping for. I even searches through all of the notes in each contact, as well as calendar events and tasks. I have 3000 contacts, and it takes a little bit but it finds all the instances of a word that I search for, or a number... it works great, and is inexpensive to add.