View Full Version : FCC Approves Motorola MPx220

Kris Kumar
07-21-2004, 12:30 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/cf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=973099&fcc_id='IHDT56EV1'' target='_blank'>https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/cf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=973099&fcc_id='IHDT56EV1'</a><br /><br /></div>We have seen the Motorola MPx220 photos and videos. We have read its User Guide end to end. If you are like me and wondering, what more can we lay our hands on. Well now we have the news that FCC has cleared the MPx220. Which means that the stage has been cleared for its launch. Now all we need to hear is the formal Motorola announcement and the launch date.<br /><br />Don't forget to check out the <a href="https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/forms/blobs/retrieve.cgi?attachment_id=450453&native_or_pdf=pdf">internal shots</a> of the Smartphone. I guess that is the only thing about the MPx220 that no one had uncovered until now. :-)

Mike Temporale
07-21-2004, 03:57 AM
S W E E E T !

Usually this is a sign that the device isn't far off. I think I can smell it now. :wink:

maximus
07-21-2004, 06:44 AM
End of July in US/Canada, end of August in Asia ?

Out of curiosity, can we use an mpx220 as a GPRS modem via Motorola Mobile Phonetools software and USB cable ?

Kris Kumar
07-21-2004, 11:36 AM
End of July in US/Canada, end of August in Asia ?

???

Out of curiosity, can we use an mpx220 as a GPRS modem via Motorola Mobile Phonetools software and USB cable ?

Yes it can be used as a GPRS modem. You will need a USB cable and a Smartphone Modem driver for your Laptop. Once the driver is installed on the Windows desktop/laptop you can use the regular Windows dialer app to connect to internet.

Also IR (and I believe Bluetooth) can be used for modem connection. And no driver will be needed for that.

David McNamee
07-21-2004, 03:36 PM
Now all we need to hear is the formal Motorola announcement and the launch date.

At this rate, we should have that about a month after the phone's available in-store.

seaflipper
07-21-2004, 05:19 PM
Now all we need to hear is the formal Motorola announcement and the launch date.

At this rate, we should have that about a month after the phone's available in-store.

I was at my local AT&T store yesterday and spoke with my usual contact there. He said that their Motorola rep had just been in the store yesterday and was showing off the MPx220. HOWEVER, he said that due to some issues with the phone, the release was being pushed back to October... :(

Cad
07-21-2004, 07:22 PM
Will it be blue tooth? And will Verizon offer it?

Mike Temporale
07-21-2004, 07:31 PM

The MPx220 has Bluetooth, but there is no word on who will be offering this phone. It hasn't even been officially announced by Motorola.

Kris Kumar
07-21-2004, 07:34 PM

Verizon cannot offer this phone. MPx220 is based on GSM, so it has to be T-Mobile, Cingular or AT&T.

Kris Kumar
07-21-2004, 07:40 PM
I was at my local AT&T store yesterday and spoke with my usual contact there. He said that their Motorola rep had just been in the store yesterday and was showing off the MPx220. HOWEVER, he said that due to some issues with the phone, the release was being pushed back to October... :(

OCTOBER!!

How come everyone is roaming around with a MPx220 - sales reps, bunch of Smartphone enthusiasts, and who knows maybe my neighbor has one. And Motorola is keeping silent.

I want this phone....now!!

maximus
07-22-2004, 01:56 AM
heh. I want it a month ago :p

possmann
07-22-2004, 09:12 PM
WAAHOO!

Betcha we'll see it availble in September - announced at the end of July - August will be the shipping month (to stores and vendors). My best guess.