View Full Version : wm2003

zeke009
07-13-2004, 08:41 PM
is the wm2003 rom for the mpx200 taboo here? There isn't one peep about it anywhere.

Mike Temporale
07-13-2004, 11:09 PM
is the wm2003 rom for the mpx200 taboo here? There isn't one peep about it anywhere.

Taboo? I wouldn't say that.

We have decided not to report this on the front page due to the illegal nature of the ROM. Smartphone Thoughts is committed to delivering all the News, Reviews, Rants and Raves in the Windows Mobile market. However, we do not support software piracy in any shape or form.

Your welcome to discuss it in the forums. Any post that links to, requests a copy of, or offers a copy of the ROM will be removed. These rules also apply to private messages.

zeke009
07-14-2004, 07:22 AM
Cool. I wasn't sure if topics were already removed or not.

Now that the buzz surrounding it has finally died down, if you have flashed your MPx200 with the necessary roms... do you still plan to purchase the MPx220? Considering you were planning on it in the first place.

I for one still plan to get the MPx220 when it becomes available. The WM2003 image runs fine on the MPx200, but seeing as the device wasn't designed for it I don't think it can take full advantage of it.

Now moto definately has my attention and my wallet ready... bring on the MPx220!!

Mike Temporale
07-15-2004, 01:33 PM
Now that the buzz surrounding it has finally died down, if you have flashed your MPx200 with the necessary roms... do you still plan to purchase the MPx220? Considering you were planning on it in the first place.

I for one still plan to get the MPx220 when it becomes available. The WM2003 image runs fine on the MPx200, but seeing as the device wasn't designed for it I don't think it can take full advantage of it.

Now moto definately has my attention and my wallet ready... bring on the MPx220!!

I think you are the exception here. Most people that now have the new OS will not run out and buy the MPx220. I agree that the 200 wasn't designed for it, and thus a better expereince can be had by purchasing the 220. I don't think you're going to see many people rushing out to upgrade now.

Personally I think this has been a huge slap-in-the-face to Motorola. The demand was so strong for a Windows Mobile 2003 release. This just shows how badly people wanted it. Moto could have released a version that would be better optimized, more stable and charged $30 a copy. They would have made a pretty nice penny off it.

Kris Kumar
07-16-2004, 05:59 AM
I too am waiting for the MPx220. Till then I will somehow have to survive with the 2002 OS on my MPx200.

Motorola and AT&T could have made additional money by providing the ROM update. I remember Compaq (now HP) charging me for Pocket PC 2002 update for my iPaq 3650.

In fact AT&T could have gone in for an in-store upgrade. Which means you have to be an AT&T subscriber to get the update. Locking out all the deserters who switched to T-Mobile or other carriers.

zeke009
09-18-2004, 10:53 PM
In fact AT&T could have gone in for an in-store upgrade. Which means you have to be an AT&T subscriber to get the update. Locking out all the deserters who switched to T-Mobile or other carriers.
Now that is an option I would have definately put money down for. Not only would it have put the new OS on my phone, but it would have left the warranty intact.

Better late than never on a reply huh? :wink:

Kris Kumar
09-18-2004, 10:57 PM
Better late than never on a reply huh? :wink:

You bet...