View Full Version : A Little Tip

TANKERx
07-08-2004, 03:09 PM
Just in case any of you end up doing this, never leave your MPx 200 connected to a PC via USB with the PC switched off, or at least, not overnight.

I did and by the morning, my phone got completely and utterly trashed.

Mike Temporale
07-08-2004, 03:27 PM
Trashed! How? Was it just a little messed and needed to be powered off and back on? or are we talking hard reset kind of trashing?

I wouldn't expect this to cause any problems. However I can imagine that it might drain the battery.

TANKERx
07-08-2004, 06:36 PM
Well, the phone was switched off when I got to it this morning and when I switched it on, it got stuck on the 'Hello Moto' screen. After a long time, I took out the battery and tried to reboot it and nothing happened, not even an LCD response to a battery charge.

I remembered someone here (may even have been you) saying that the MPx200 can recover if the battery goes missing for about an hour, so I did that and after half an hour, it started to charge. I tried to boot it when it was on charge and I only got half a boot.

So I repeated the battery-deprivation treatment and this time let it charge for an hour or two before attempting a reboot, but I only got half a boot. I therefore decided that the only way out was for a blue-button reset.

It's ok now though.

Mike Temporale
07-09-2004, 05:22 AM
That's not good. Sorry to hear about the problems. I hope it's just a fluke. I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem, however; I imagine it might not be a common occurance.

Oh, and I think that was David that had the battery issue. Or it might have been Kris....

David McNamee
07-09-2004, 11:03 PM
Oh, and I think that was David that had the battery issue. Or it might have been Kris....

It was me... I let it sit with the battery and SIM removed for about 24 hours. Haven't had an issue since.

Mike Temporale
07-10-2004, 02:47 AM
Now that's a HARD reset. :lol: