View Full Version : Just How Many Mobile Phones Do You Use?

David McNamee
07-06-2004, 08:00 PM
I was reading the story about Sweden having more mobile phones than people (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=39461). I also have heard stories about people carrying two or three mobile phones with them all the time! Is this a common thing? I only carry one phone - am I less cool? I can understand one phone for personal use and one for work. But a third phone - what for?

How many mobile phones do you carry, and what do you use them for?

themadgerman
07-06-2004, 08:28 PM
I have two, a Nextel I95 from work and my personal MPX200 (T-Mobile).
I carry both during the day, after work only my personal phone

manywhere
07-06-2004, 08:32 PM
Well, here's my list: One for the summer cottage that won't be missed if dropped somewhere wet or unsuitable
A backup phone for my-#¤%#-phone-won't-work-now-or-has-been-dropped-one-time-too-many emergencies
Finally, the regular, up-to-date, cool-to-be-seen-with phone for the all-day use that also can be traded in for a newer phone
OK, now that does sound strange... :oops: However, note that I don't carry them all around naturally but store them in a drawer. Yet, I still own them. :)

Jason Dunn
07-06-2004, 08:39 PM
Oh, whoops. I thought you wrote "mobile devices", so I picked two - I only have one phone that I use on a regular basis: the E200.

encece
07-06-2004, 09:26 PM
One is enough for me. My work supplies phones for certain employees but I opted to pay for my own so I can get whatever I want on whatever carrier I want....then I just expense the bill. We're allowed to use it for personal calls as well. But more recently, I dont use my phone for work that often so I dont even expense it anymore, unless an abnormal number of long distance work calls put me over the top of my minutes.

I even have my landline at home set to the minimum rate for emergencies only and have all incoming calls forwarded to my mobile.

So I literally use only one phone.

Neil
07-06-2004, 09:42 PM
Uh, where's the '0' or 'none' option? :)

Jason Dunn
07-06-2004, 10:24 PM

Dude, you're on the wrong site if you don't carry a phone with you. :lol:

David McNamee
07-06-2004, 10:49 PM

Dude, you're on the wrong site if you don't carry a phone with you. :lol:

Neil saying he doesn't carry a phone is like someone from Hershey's saying he doesn't eat chocolate.

Mike Temporale
07-06-2004, 11:49 PM
Neil saying he doesn't carry a phone is like someone from Hershey's saying he doesn't eat chocolate.

:rotfl:

encece
07-07-2004, 01:45 AM
I design displays for Hershey's Chocolate. We always have tons and tons of chocolate around sizing, graphics....and eating! When I first started the job, I ate chocolate all day long...two fisting them when I could. It was a never ending supply. I remember working on a Saturday and having nothing to eat, so I ate a Reese's Easter Bunny that was the equivelent of 8 Reese's Cups. To make things worse...it was even a bit old and the Peanut Butter was all dried out on the inside. But I still ate it all! :oops:

As time passed...I began to despise chocolate until I couldnt even stand the smell in my office.

Maybe Neil is going thru the same thing but with mobile devices. I hear rumor that he even uses a paper planner. Is that true?

David McNamee
07-07-2004, 01:50 AM
Maybe Neil is going thru the same thing but with mobile devices. I hear rumor that he even uses a paper planner. Is that true?

SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!

Neil
07-08-2004, 05:28 AM

Dude, how'd you know that? I always run around with post-it notes stuck to my laptop. Heck, when I'm going to a meeting, I slap the meeting room number on the post-int and carry it with me. :oops:

Arne Hess
07-09-2004, 03:14 PM
Yes, I voted for four or more for the following reason... 8O :oops: :lol:

http://www.ppcw.net/downloads/forum/spt_phones.jpg

From left to right:
Nokia 7600 (3G) as my Bluetooth modem for my Notebook and Pocket PC (Phone Edition)
Again Nokia 7600 (3G): As my main device for WAP and UMTS Video Streaming (launched today ;-))
Samsung Z105 (3G): For video calls and normal voice calls
Motorola A835 (3G): To loan it others to have a partner for video calls (since i don't know anyone else with a 3G device)
i-mate Smartphone2 (2.5G): It's a Windows Mobile 2003 Smartphone, a must have for me and my standard device for regular voice calls
i-mate Phone Edition (2.5G): My main PDA for PIM, Web and E-Mail access
Not on the photo (2.5G): My Smartphone I'm using for taking pictures

And best of all - all these devices have a SIM (USIM for 3G devices) card insert... ;-)
Am I a geek or a nerd!? :oops: No, just kidding - that's my "office" equipment... In my leisure time I have just one device with me - the one which made the photo... :-)

RenesisX
07-13-2004, 01:47 AM
I hear the thing to have these days is a "shag phone".

It's the 2nd phone you carry around to txt your "other" girlfriend with so there aren't any incriminating messages on your main phone ;)