View Full Version : How to lengthen the time IE will wait to load a web page

Bugwart
06-25-2004, 07:58 AM
Does anyone know how to lengthen the time that IE will spend waiting for a web page to load? The default is too short for many web pages.

Kris Kumar
06-25-2004, 09:32 PM
I dont have any credible documentation or know-how on this topic.

But if you are frequently getting the connection timed out message. And are willing to play with the registry, I "may" have a solution for you. It may work, it may not. But won't hurt trying it if you are comfortable with registry tweaks.

Note: Please back up the registry and/or phone before proceeding with the tweak.

Here's the thing that you can try out. Since Windows CE is a stripped down version of desktop Windows, they often share the same registry key names and field names. The following works for the desktop windows. So it may for Windows CE devices like Pocket PC and Smartphones.

Using a registry editor like PHM Regedit, browse to the following path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\InternetSettings

Create a New DWORD value field, name it "ReceiveTimeout" (without the quotes) and assign it a timeout value in milliseconds. So 4 second timeout will have value 4000, and a 6 second timeout will be 6000.

Reboot the phone, before you test the new IE setting.

Hope this works. If it does, do post the report. This may come in handy for others in future.

Bugwart
06-26-2004, 09:04 PM
Thanks.

I will try it and post the (hopefully positive) results.