05-19-2004, 12:50 PM
Has anyone managed to turn down the volume of the loud clank that sounds
when a second level menu is chosen e.g. in Contacts Menu/Filter. On my
MPx200 this makes a terribly loud clank regardless of the system sound
volume (unless it's silent).

John

Mike Temporale
05-19-2004, 01:32 PM
I have always turned off the keypad sounds. I don't need it to click every time I push a button. So I can't say I've heard this sound. I'm not sure why it would sound different at different places. It should play the same sound everywhere. Try changing the sound to something else and see what happens.

jwf
05-19-2004, 05:33 PM
I'm with you - I've got keypad sounds switched off, so pressing keys doesn't make a sound at all. However, if I click the Menu softkey in the Contacts app then press '4' to select the 'Filter' sub-menu, I get a loud clank that seems unaffected by the sound settings.

Kris Kumar
05-19-2004, 06:09 PM
Whatever Profile that you are using, Edit it and at the bottom there is the 'System Sounds', change the value to a lower one, I have mine set to OFF. That should take care of the Menu sounds.

Mike Temporale
05-19-2004, 06:16 PM
Hey... When I'm in the contacts app and press the menu button, I get the key beep. I never noticed this before. I've turned off keypad sounds so this sound should be off too. :twisted:

When working through the menu I get a single beep, when I select a filter type I get a double beep. It sounds more clank-y than the regular beep. Is this the sound you're talking about?

encece
05-20-2004, 06:01 AM
That's been a complaint from day one on the smartphones. Clicking the action key when choosing a contact in the TO field instead of click menu>add contact.

Very annoying. I'll try to find the tweak that fixes that...I believe it is called ReplaceSound.

Kris Kumar
05-20-2004, 06:35 AM
That's been a complaint from day one on the smartphones. Clicking the action key when choosing a contact in the TO field instead of click menu>add contact.

Very annoying. I'll try to find the tweak that fixes that...I believe it is called ReplaceSound.

I know my Dev Kit Phone Compal AR11 had that problem. But my MPx200 with Generic Moto ROM does not exhibit this annoyance. If I turn System Sounds OFF, then I DONT get the loud clank. I turn ON the System Sounds, I get the clank on the action key in the To box.

And same thing goes for the Menu->Filter selection also. System Sounds OFF turns off all annoyances :-)

So I guess it is a matter of ROMs...