View Full Version : Version W123

Jerry Raia
04-26-2004, 02:58 PM
Does anyone have any new info about ROM version W123? I have the older version WH04. Is there anything in the newer version?

Jerry Raia
04-27-2004, 12:10 AM
Ok this might be interesting. I got this today from Verizon:

Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless website. As part of our Worry Free Guarantee, your concern becomes our concern the first time you contact us. We are happy to assist you with your Samsung I600 question.

The most current ROM upgrade is WK05. You can upgrade your phone's ROM from most Verizon Wireless retail stores. The process takes about 20-30 minutes.

Please write to us again through www.VerizonWireless.com if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Timothy
Verizon Wireless
Data Technical Support

Anyone tried this?

Mike Temporale
04-27-2004, 01:48 AM
Wow. That's good news. I wonder if the people in the store know this? Another good question is; Why doesn't Verizon publicize this so more people know about it?

Jerry Raia
04-27-2004, 01:54 AM
Well the first store i called doesnt have it or know about it.

Jerry Raia
04-27-2004, 02:05 AM
Well a few more stores and i give up. I doubt this is the 2003 upgrade. I wonder what was changed or fixed. It is so hard to get any kind of information out of these folks :(

Jerry Raia
04-28-2004, 12:19 AM
Ok now ti is interesting. Just got this today:

We apologize for any confusion. The ROM upgrade is an update for the cellular voice functions. The ROM upgrade is not related to Microsoft's Smartphone 2003 software.

Samsung is still testing the Smartphone 2003 software for compatibility with their i600. We have learned that testing is nearly complete and the operating system software upgrade may be available in the second quarter of 2004. If released, the update should be a free update for all owners of the Samsung i600. We have not heard of any plans to offer a Smart Phone 2004 update.

Please contact Samsung at 888-987-4357 for more information regarding the status of their decision regarding the Smartphone 2003 software update.

If you have further questions or concerns, please contact us anytime through e-mail using the address of [email protected]. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

Sincerely,

Chris
Verizon Wireless
Wireless Data Technical Support

Mike Temporale
04-28-2004, 01:48 AM
We have not heard of any plans to offer a Smart Phone 2004 update.

2004?? Wow. This guy sounds a little confused, and now I think we all are. :?

Jerry Raia
04-28-2004, 02:10 AM
It gets better, i just got this a few moments ago:

Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless website. As part of our Worry Free Guarantee, your concern becomes our concern the first time you contact us. We are happy to assist you with your Samsung i600 question.

The Samsung i600's are being delivered with software version WI-23. Software version WK-05 is not yet available, WI-23 is the latest software release. The Verizon Wireless stores do not have a software upgrade for the Samsung i600.

If you have further questions or concerns, please contact us anytime through e-mail using the address of [email protected]. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

Sincerely,

Jack
Verizon Wireless

So the first message I got said the stores have the upgrade that takes 20-30 minutes, this last one said there is no upgrade. Gotta love it. Notice each reply I got is from a different person. I'm going to reply once more and point this out. :D

Mike Temporale
04-28-2004, 02:18 AM
:rotfl:

Hey, at least they're trying, and you have nothing to worry about. Except if you're looking for an informed answer. :wink:

Jerry Raia
04-28-2004, 03:43 AM
Well I think this clears it all up dont you?

Just arrived in my mailbox:

We apologize for the confusion. The upgrade WK-05 is not yet available and your handset came with version WI-23.

The first response you received about the upgrade to WK-05 was jumping the gun, it is not yet available.

You can get an upgrade to MSN Messenger and a caller ID patch at: http://www.samsungtelecom.com/support/mit/

Again, we apologize for the confusion.

Sincerely,

Jack
Verizon Wireless

I have to admit they are responding within minutes. :o

Mike Temporale
04-28-2004, 03:53 AM
We apologize for the confusion. The upgrade WK-05 is not yet available and your handset came with version WI-23.

But don't you have WK-04? and you're looking to get WI-23?

I have to admit they are responding within minutes. :o

Agreed. Two-Thumbs up for effort. :way to go: :way to go:

Jerry Raia
04-28-2004, 05:20 AM
Originally I was looking for WI23, but then I got this from them:

The most current ROM upgrade is WK05. You can upgrade your phone's ROM from most Verizon Wireless retail stores. The process takes about 20-30 minutes.

It went downhill from there :?