View Full Version : Different versions of MS Outlook - issue with ActiveSync?

robinsonb
04-09-2004, 04:21 PM
Right now I have MS Outlook 2002 on both my home and work PC's and use the Samsung syncronization to keep them in sync as far as contacts, calendar, etc. If I upgrade my home PC to Outlook 2003 and try to continue to use Activesync with my work PC on Outlook 2002 will that create problems?

Thanks!

Kris Kumar
04-09-2004, 07:19 PM
I have a similar situation. At work(laptop) I have Outlook 2003 and home I have Outlook 2002. And ActiveSync works fine, no conflicts.

I dont have a samsung smartphone but that shouldnt matter. Activesync works the same for all smartphones.

Kris

PS: as a safety measure, you can export your contacts (& calendar) items to file before syncing the phone for the first time post upgrade :-)

robinsonb
04-09-2004, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the info!!

b.

swbuehler
04-14-2004, 06:39 PM
Right now I have MS Outlook 2002 on both my home and work PC's and use the Samsung syncronization to keep them in sync as far as contacts, calendar, etc. If I upgrade my home PC to Outlook 2003 and try to continue to use Activesync with my work PC on Outlook 2002 will that create problems?

It should sync with no problems since all versions of outlook use the same MAPI engine to provide information (heck, you should even be able to sync with the old Exchange Client).