View Full Version : Stupid questions re. ringtones .....

Phunkphantom
04-09-2004, 01:58 PM
Can anyone tell me if the following is possible?

1 I paste my ringtones into the windows folder, but then if i turn the phone off, and back on again it deletes the file!! Where can i put a ringtone so that it wont disappear? Ive tried my docs, but, althought it stays there, i cannot map to it?

2 Is it possible to have an aubible ringtone and vibrate on at the same time??

(E200 by the way)

Thanks

Mike Temporale
04-09-2004, 02:07 PM
1 I paste my ringtones into the windows folder, but then if i turn the phone off, and back on again it deletes the file!! Where can i put a ringtone so that it wont disappear? Ive tried my docs, but, althought it stays there, i cannot map to it?

My guess is that it has to go in the \\Storage\Application Data\Sounds but that's only a guess. I'm lovin' the default ringtone, so I haven't really changed it. :D

Yup, hit Start / Settings / Profiles Select the profile you want to change, and press the Menu button then Edit. Change Ring Type to Vibrte and Ring. :way to go:

Jerry Raia
04-09-2004, 08:04 PM
On my i600 i have them in \ISPM\Application Data\Sounds

From there they can be selected in settings for your ringtones. As far as I know the OS will only look for them there.

Mike Temporale
04-09-2004, 09:34 PM
On my i600 i have them in \ISPM\Application Data\Sounds

From there they can be selected in settings for your ringtones. As far as I know the OS will only look for them there.

Lasher is running 2002. 2002: IPSM, 2003: Storage. So if this is where he puts them, you need to put them in the location above and everything should work.

Mike Temporale
04-09-2004, 09:35 PM
Lasher,

What format are these files? Are they just plain wav files? or something special? Just curious, I think I might have to change my ringtone to Hockey Night In Canada since it is playoffs. ;)

Jerry Raia
04-09-2004, 09:41 PM
Yes they are all wav files. I dont think other formats work for ringtones but I'm not sure. :D

Mike Temporale
04-09-2004, 09:57 PM
Cool.

Newer phones (like the Mitac and new Moto's) allow MP3's. I knew it wouldn't be MP3 on our phones, but I wasn't sure if it was some propriety format of not.

swbuehler
04-14-2004, 06:34 PM
Can anyone tell me if the following is possible?

You need to put it in \IPSM\Application Data\Sounds (SP'02) or \Storage\Application Data\Sounds (SP'03) for them to work and not disappear from RAM when you cycle the phone's power.

In SP2002 you can edit this by editing the profile (the second option is "Ring Type", where you can select ring, vibrate then ring, ring then vibrate, vibrate, or ring and vibrate. I would think it's the same process in SP2003.