View Full Version : Setting Up Your Smartphone For Your Carriers Network

Mike Temporale
04-06-2004, 01:45 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.MyWindowsMobile.com' target='_blank'>http://www.MyWindowsMobile.com</a><br /><br /></div>"Have a new Smartphone of Pocket PC Phone Edition? Want to quickly set it up from a website instead of tapping in server names, passwords, and URLs on your device? Check out the My Windows Mobile site for a simple wizard that will walk you through the customization process and send down your requested configuration via SMS. Behind the scenes, this site is powered by .NET and driven through XML web services. Mobile operators then are able to take web services and create custom interfaces that are specific for their customers. For example, check out AT&T Wireless's Start Windows Mobile site where they have, among other things, added the ability to choose homescreens and ringtones."<br /><br />This sounds pretty cool. I often see people posting in the forums asking about settings for their carrier. Hopefully this will help all of you out. Have any of you tested it out?

possmann
04-06-2004, 04:53 PM
Nice.

Can't wait to see T-Mobile up there :lol:

*sigh*

Qman
04-07-2004, 01:31 AM
Nice.

Can't wait to see T-Mobile up there :lol:

*sigh*

Same here! 8O

Ainvar
04-08-2004, 07:23 PM
Same here for the T-Mobile configuration. I just got my SPV e200 today from gsmphonesource.com today. I got the gprs setting setup using this found on a forum from google.com I dont have the website anymore since I copied and pasted and I dont want to take credit for this information.

GPRS CONNECTIONS:
Start > Settings (8) > More (9) > Data Connections (2)
Now click on Menu and choose Edit Connection (1) then choose GPRS Connections (4)
On this screen click on Menu > Add (1)

Description: T-Zones GPRS
Connects to: The Internet
Access Point: internet2.voicestream.com
User Name: (leave blank)
Password: (leave blank)
Primary DNS: 216.155.165.50
Secondary DNS: 216.155.165.51
IP Address: (leave blank)

WAP CONNECTIONS:
Now click on Menu and choose Edit Connection (1) then choose GPRS Connections (4)

Description: T-Zones WAP
Connects to: The Internet
Access Point: wap.voicestream.com
User Name:
Password:
Primary DNS: 216.155.165.50
Secondary DNS: 216.155.165.51
IP Address:

PROXY CONNECTIONS:
Now click on Menu and choose Edit Connection (1) then choose Proxy Connections (3)

Description:T-Zones Proxy
Connects From: The Internet
Connects To: WAP Network
Proxy (name:port): 216.155.165.50:8080
Type: WAP
User name:
Password:

Settings-Data Connections: (This is on the main screen for Data COnnections
Internet Connection: T-Zones GPRS
Work connection: Automactic
WAP connection: T-Zones GPRS
Secure WAP connection: Automactic

For Internet Explorer use these settings

INTERNET EXPLORER > MENU > OPTIONS > CONNECTIONS:
Tick 'automatically Detect Settings'
Select Network: WAP connection

For MMS Settings (This is where the information is correction

MMS setup
Start > More (9) > MMS (6) > Prefrences
Connect via: WAP Network

Start > More (9) > MMS (6) > Settings > Menu > New (1)
Settings - Accessories - MMS setup
Name: T-Zones MMS
MMSC URL: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
WAP Gateway: wap.voicestream.com

The above settings work perfectly, after using this info that I have gathered from a few forums and also from trial and error along with the help of a tier 3 wdg tech from Tmobile this is what works perfectly for me.

Sites I have used to verify and revise what I have tried personally with the information at hand it as follows

www.howardforums.com
www.smartphonethoughts.com
http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=4861 &lt;--- this had some good settings in there and where I verified everything.

possmann
04-08-2004, 08:12 PM
Cool - I wasn't aware of this site - something new to look at.

I did not see the SPV e220, but saw the SPV and SPVx "2002" devices. Are these loaded with the 2003 OS or only the 2002 OS?

From your aspect, outside of price, what was the advantage of getting the SPV model over the i-mate?

Just curious....