View Full Version : APRIL FOOLS: Clippy for Smartphone

David McNamee
04-01-2004, 04:30 PM
In response to recent surveys showing that the Windows Mobile for Smartphone software is difficult for customers to use, Microsoft today has announced that "Clippy" will soon be available for the Smartphone. Clippy is one of the loveable, animated assistants from Microsoft's best-selling Office product family. Clippy will monitor your phone's activity and frequently make helpful suggestions.

During the invitation-only beta testing period, we saw how helpful Clippy could be. After pressing numbers on the keypad, Clippy would appear on the screen and say things like: "You appear to be dialing a phone number. Would you like help?" or "You look like you are turning off your phone. What do you really want to do?"

On the release of Clippy, Microsoft's Chairman and Chief Software Architect, Bill Gates, says, "[w]e hope that bringing Clippy to the Smartphone will enable better interaction between customers and our software. It also shows our level of commitment in bringing Office functionality to our mobile software."

http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/images/clippy.gif

possmann
04-01-2004, 05:17 PM
I expect they will launch a PLUS! for Smartphone OS too so you can configure the Clippy device and change it to another annoying icon :lol:

Happy April Fools Dave!

Niall
04-01-2004, 05:37 PM
Hard to believe, but I hadn't realized what day it was until I saw this.

Kati Compton
04-01-2004, 10:15 PM
Oh I like this one.

About as much as I *HATE* Clippy. :evil: :lol:

Janak Parekh
04-02-2004, 06:08 AM
Oh I like this one.
Let's hope MS doesn't like it too. Maybe they'll really bring the actors to Smartphone. 8O 8O 8O ;)

--janak