View Full Version : Orange SPV E200 Smartphone and Hyperterminal

John Gover
03-31-2004, 01:11 PM
I wish to send data from my bluetooth-enabled barcode scanner to my Orange SPV E200 bluetooth phone and display the data on the screen and subsequently send by GPRS to a remote server. With a PC I use Hyperterminal. Is there an equivalent within Smartphone 2003 or third party software I can download. I am just seeking a solution that works.

Mike Temporale
03-31-2004, 09:24 PM
I'm not sure I understand what you are looking for. Are you just looking for a terminal program for your Smartphone? Or does it need to work with this barscanner too?

John Gover
03-31-2004, 10:57 PM
The terminal programme needs to run on the phone and have the same functionality as Hyperterminal which on a PC enables my bluetooth barcode scanner to send data to my bluetooth enabled PC and display on the PC screen..

Now I need to replicate this bluetooth data transfer between my barcode scanner and my Orange Smartphone.

Mike Temporale
04-03-2004, 03:17 PM
I'm not aware of any Terminal programs for the Smartphone. I think the biggest issue here is text input. Terminal programs typically require a lot of typing, which isn't the easiest thing on a Smartphone.

Mike Temporale
04-03-2004, 03:19 PM
On a side note, I know that there are a number of terminal programs for the Pocket PC. Maybe a PPCPE might be better suited for your needs.