View Full Version : Activesync went away?????

Santa Fe
03-30-2004, 01:59 AM
Help. Activesync suddenly stopped working today. Just shows that it is not connected. Re-installed it with no improvement. One interesting thing that may or may not be related is that Microsoft downloaded an update to my system today. Any ideas?

(edit: by the way it still works with my PPC)
(edit 2: got it working by disconnecting the usb, removing device, reconnecting usb, placing device in cradle and turning on, after uninstalling an xml parser that Microsoft downloded without my asking for it)

Mike Temporale
03-30-2004, 03:15 AM
Erm, So you got it all working?

I haven't got any windows updates lately, was that the download that installed XML parser? Also did you reboot phone/computer?

Santa Fe
03-30-2004, 04:40 AM
Mike, yes that was an automatic update that added the XMl software. I did try rebooting before all the other things. Very confusing. It is working but now when I remove the smartphone from the cradle (even after turning it off) I get an error message telling me that the device is not recognized. However it now will sync. More analysis in the a.m.

I'm pretty astute about these things but this one is stange.

Santa Fe
03-31-2004, 01:42 AM
Now every time I remove the phone from the cradle I get an error message telling me it cannot find the device. And every time I reboot the PC I get the same error. Very annoying. Also the automatic update (XML Parser which I cannot imagine I need) started downloading again after I deleted it. Any ideas anyone?