View Full Version : RepliGo Now Available for Smartphones

Jason Dunn
03-24-2004, 06:31 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.cerience.com/pages/news/032404.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.cerience.com/pages/news/032404.htm</a><br /><br /></div>"Cerience Corporation today announced the immediate availability of RepliGo™ 2.0 for Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition software for Pocket PCs and Smartphones, the next-generation of its award winning content publishing solution. RepliGo translates virtually any desktop document or printable information into precise, highly optimized content for usage on PDAs and Smartphones. Details, screenshots and additional information are available at <a href="www.cerience.com">www.cerience.com</a>. RepliGo empowers everyday mobile device users to carry vast amounts of diverse information on their Pocket PC or Smartphone. The latest version produces higher quality content, makes it easier to find information and speeds document navigation..."<br /><br />If you're a Repligo fan, you'll know why this is an important announcement. And if you're not a Repligo fan, you should become one - this is a seriously great tool for carrying documents and resources with you!

Santa Fe
03-24-2004, 06:57 PM
I am a big fan but I'm not sure I support charging exisiting customers half price to upgrade. (Since I just purchased this a couple of months ago).

Jason Dunn
03-24-2004, 07:49 PM
I am a big fan but I'm not sure I support charging exisiting customers half price to upgrade. (Since I just purchased this a couple of months ago).

What should developers do then when they release a brand new version with new features?

Mike Temporale
03-24-2004, 08:48 PM
That's always a hard question. I like to see free upgrades for anyone that has purchased in the last x months. And discounted rates for others who wish to upgrade. On the brightside, at least they are offering a discount for existing customers. After all, no one is forcing them too. :wink:

Santa Fe
03-24-2004, 10:52 PM
Well they did the Right Thing at least in my view. Since I purchased so recently I was able to get a free upgrade. That is service in my book. And by the way the updated version is good.

Jason Dunn
03-24-2004, 11:15 PM
Well they did the Right Thing at least in my view. Since I purchased so recently I was able to get a free upgrade. That is service in my book. And by the way the updated version is good.

That's cool to hear, and you should count yourself lucky - the vast majority of developers offer a 30 day window for upgrades, but you said it was several months, which is outside what most companies would want to support. Besides 50% off the upgrade is nice as well - many upgrades aren't so fairly priced. :D