View Full Version : For a few dollars more

Santa Fe
03-23-2004, 03:53 AM
According to this news item ATT is offering a mapping program for ONLY $4.00/month. http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/104/C2632/

I think the wireless carriers are missing the boat by trying to charge for every little service that they can think of. There is a limit to the dollars that people will pay for incremental service. This model is going to fail in the long term because users will begin to understand the cumulative cost of all the menu items available.

I look at sat. radio, Onstar, cellphones and all thier many extras, ect. and just believe that the "a few dollars a month" model soon adds up to real money for things that users don't need everyday. I know some will applaud the ability to pick and choose but I think a bundled approach would be cheaper in the long run.

Mike Temporale
03-23-2004, 07:47 PM
MapQuest sucks IMHO. I've never had much luck using it. Unless you are looking in a major urban area, I find it isn't very acurate.

I agree with your "extra dollars a day" rant. Everyone is looking for that little bit more and they can really add up. :cry:

encece
03-25-2004, 04:06 AM
Nothing is worse than Verizon's GetItNow Service.
Brew apps and games that you need to pay a subscription for monthly!

$2.99/month for pacman!
Or if you wanted a basic POP3 mail client for your "Dumb"phone you need to pay an extra $8.99/month! Outrageous!