View Full Version : Using i600 as External Modem Win98SE

superray
03-15-2004, 07:02 PM
I am having trouble trying to setup the i600 as an external modem to use as a modem in windows (Procomm) It is asking for a driver called the "Samsung CDMA driver" which it doesn't find on the cd's supplied with the phone. I am able to sync the phone with Active Sync without issue.
I have talked with Verizon and they don't have a Mobile Office kit available for this phone. Samsung says that the driver must be supplied by Verizon as they do not develop the cellular provider drivers. Verizon does not know when a driver (mobile office kit) will be available

I have read on a couple posts where some have gotten XP to work (with some struggle!) Does anyone have any suggestion with regard to getting the phone to work with Win98 as an external modem??

Thanks.

Mike Temporale
03-15-2004, 08:17 PM
See this post (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4076) by Robert. It's very detailed and it also walks you through setting it. The post refers to WinXP, but he says it should work on Win9x too.

superray
03-16-2004, 01:58 AM
Thank you for the reply.
I tried the mod as listed as still nothing. I was playing around on a laptop that has an Ir port and was able to use the phone as a modem, however I have to "activate" the modem link. When I try doing the same for the usb (accessories>modem link> activate) I get the error "Unsupported or unavailable connection. Verify that your phone supports the selected connection and that the connection is not already in use by ActiveSync or other application". It it possible that this feature is locked out on this phone? It seems really suspicous that I can't get either the laptop to see a usb modem (and get a connection error) and that I can't tell the phone to use the usb connection as a modem. Would resetting the phone gain me anything? It's kind of ironic that this really the only feature that I NEED to work on this phone!