View Full Version : New ROM for Motorola MPx200

Mike Temporale
03-13-2004, 04:45 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.mpx200.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=910' target='_blank'>http://www.mpx200.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=910</a><br /><br /></div>Sean over at <a href="http://www.mpx200.org">Mobile Gadget News</a> has found a posting in the newsgroups that talks about a new ROM for the Motorola MPx-200. It is only available on new handsets, and one of the things it fixes is the External Caller ID issues. This could be good news. It would be better if the upgrade was offered to everyone, but something is better than nothing. :wink:

Kris Kumar
03-13-2004, 02:13 PM
Any rumours about Verizon i600 2003 upgrade? I am thinking of switching from T-Mobile if that becomes available..

Kris

aristoBrat
03-13-2004, 05:27 PM
Weird -- I started out on Verizon with the i600 and ended up on T-Mobile with an unlocked Orange SPV e100.

Verizon's national rate plans are usually a few hundred minutes lower than T-Mo plans, and Verizon's unlimited PDA data plan (which technically can't be used to use your i600 as a modem) is $45/month. :(

Coverage and data speed were great, pay paying $80+/month for a hobby was killing me.

Kris Kumar
03-14-2004, 03:19 AM
Verizon's unlimited PDA data plan (which technically can't be used to use your i600 as a modem)

So you cannot connect a laptop via USB and connect to internet?

That is one feature I wanted to exploit, especially with faster download speeds.

Kris

aristoBrat
03-14-2004, 06:19 AM
You can physically use your i600 as a modem, but it's against the terms of service to use it with the $45.00/month PDA plan -- you're supposed to sign up for the $80/month plan.

From reading the forums over at HowardForums.com, some folks have had no problems doing that, but others have had their data plans suspended/cancelled for using their phones as modems on the PDA plan.

OTOH, if you live near DC or San Diego, the $80.00/month plan &lt;and a EV-DO wireless card for your laptop> will give you 300-500kbps -- pretty much broadband speeds. :)

Kris Kumar
03-14-2004, 07:37 AM
Yikes..that sucks...Once again Verizon is acting like a insensitive bully because it has a better network coverage and speed !!

Thanks for the heads up...

Kris

dshorter
03-20-2004, 07:58 PM
Can someone elaborate on the caller id problem?

shiwlof
03-24-2004, 10:20 AM
This point was discussed in a earlier post in the Software section...

What happens is that when you start having large amounts of contacts on your phone, that the caller id takes to long too display the callers name.

So having 200 contacts would require the phone too ring for 4 seconds before it'll display the name.

Hope this covers it.

JohnJohn
04-10-2004, 03:50 PM
I just got my MPx200 yestarday and it has the new ROM. I'm not sure of the "new" fixes it has since this is a new device to me. Any questions I can answer?

JohnJohn

Mike Temporale
04-11-2004, 04:25 AM
I just got my MPx200 yestarday and it has the new ROM. I'm not sure of the "new" fixes it has since this is a new device to me. Any questions I can answer?

JohnJohn

The new ROM? You mean 2003? Where did you get it from?

JohnJohn
04-11-2004, 01:39 PM
On the site refered above:

James Rainey has posted in microsoft.public.smartphone the following:

I confirmed today that clients at AT&T Wireless are getting replacement MPx200's with the new ROM. Below are the spec's.

ROM Info (From Settings, about):
Operator 1.1.20.81
Manufacturere: 1.1.20.81
Language: 1.1.20.81

I'm contacting the store manager here in Saint Louis on 3/12 to see if any of their new ones contain the new ROM. They got a shipment yesterday at the store near my home.

If you go to the disussion Forum at AT&T Wireless' website you'll see postings from several people confirming they got the updated phones and that the updated ROM fixed three issues.

1. External Caller ID issues
2. DTMF Tones issues
3. Ringing Volume Issues
4. Scroll Button not working for the VoiceDialing feature

JIM

That's the new ROM I have. It still reads 2002 though.

aristoBrat
04-11-2004, 06:34 PM

JohnJohn

The new ROM? You mean 2003? Where did you get it from?
From reading the newsgroups, there is a newer 2002 ROM out there.