View Full Version : Crazy, Random "Chris Rock Thing"

Robert Levy
03-12-2004, 07:54 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.laurasnyctales.com/current/chris-rock.html' target='_blank'>http://www.laurasnyctales.com/current/chris-rock.html</a><br /><br /></div>What would happen if the new cell phone you just bought was assigned Chris Rock's old phone number? Check out this article to find out :)

Jason Dunn
03-12-2004, 08:01 PM
Hahaha....ok, that was TOO funny! What a great story! :lol:

MichaelC
03-12-2004, 09:01 PM
Why is it when you get a call and it's a wrong number the caller doesn't believe they've dialed the wrong number. I keep having conversations like this:

Me: Hello
Caller: Hi, is Sarah there
Me: No, you have the wrong number
Caller: Are you sure?
Me: Yes, quite sure, this is my phone and I'm not Sarah
Caller: But, this is Sarah's number.
Me: No, you must have mis-dialed.
Caller: I dialed &lt;my number>
Me: OK, well that's my number and I don't know anyone called Sarah.
Caller: Are you sure? &lt;goes on to give description of Sarah>
Me: Yes, I am not Sarah, I don't know anyone called Sarah, you have the wrong number.
Caller: Oh, OK &lt;hangs up>

Then a minute or so later the same person calls again and once again I have to convince them I'm still not Sarah and yes they really do have the wrong number.

Neil
03-13-2004, 02:16 AM
My wife got a pre-pay Virgin Mobile phone, and the number she got used to belong to someone who was WAY behind on all their bills. She averaged five calls a week for bill collectors, and finally gave up and got Virgin to give her a new number.

Of course, when she said she wasn't "Lisa" they didn't believe her, since, well, she sounds female.

Neil

Mike Temporale
03-13-2004, 02:52 AM
My wife got a pre-pay Virgin Mobile phone, and the number she got used to belong to someone who was WAY behind on all their bills. She averaged five calls a week for bill collectors, and finally gave up and got Virgin to give her a new number.

Of course, when she said she wasn't "Lisa" they didn't believe her, since, well, she sounds female.

Neil

I'm having this very problem right now. We just moved and Bell assigned us a number from some dead-beat that owes everyone money. For the first couple weeks we must have got a couple calls a day. Things have started to slow in the last week. With any luck we have informed all the collection agencies and the pain will end soon. (as a side note; we have 2 lines and both are having this problem. However, one is much worse than the other)

Malte
03-13-2004, 05:07 PM
Very funny story, but don't the carriers quarantine numbers between subscribers?

xendula
03-13-2004, 05:41 PM
8O Strange, never heard of anything like that happening over here!!

Must be an American problem...

Neil
03-13-2004, 06:04 PM
Very funny story, but don't the carriers quarantine numbers between subscribers?

Virgin said they do for 6 months.

Neil

Malte
03-14-2004, 01:43 AM
Yeah that's what I've heard they do here in Sweden too. I remember asking for a specific number one time but they couldn't give it to me because it was quarantined.

Maybe someone at Verizon thinks Chris Rock isn't so funny? ;)