View Full Version : Problem when loading software from computer to phone

wj
03-10-2004, 10:32 PM
When I first got the phone, I tried to load Avantgo connect onto my phone. Yes that was a mistake. Now though, every time I try to load a new program (Not Avantogo) to the phone either from the software's install program on my computer or via the Activesync,Tools, Add/Remove Programs selection I run into the following problem:

Even though it appears the new software is loading, at the end of the load process I get the following dialog box message: Application Downloading Complete. Please check your mobile device screen to see if additional steps are necessary to complete this installation. And on my mobile screen the following message appears briefly: Download of Avantgo Integrated.cab completed Installation in progress.
Of course the new program does not get installed.

I have scoured my computer for all references of Avantgo and deleted them including from the XP registry. And I can find no reference to Avantogo on my phone via the explore button.

Anybody run into this problem and have any ideas how I can clean this up. Thanks in advance.

manofdestiny
03-11-2004, 04:30 AM
I believe there is a fix on Samsung's support site for when programs cannot be installed. Actually, there are several downloads (patches) that seemed important. You might try that.

Mike Temporale
03-11-2004, 05:08 AM
I would suggest turning off and on the phone. That should clear it out too.

wj
03-12-2004, 09:25 PM
Still no luck. I installed the patches from Samsung's site, both the caller ID update and HKCR Registry Key update, but that did not help. My phone must have stored someplace a reference to Avantgo and it won't clear out.

Maybe I need to look at the registry on the phone??? How would I do that?

maxnix
03-13-2004, 10:53 PM
Do a hard reset.