View Full Version : Total Complaints for Wireless Number Portability

Mike Temporale
02-28-2004, 03:30 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244358A1.pdf' target='_blank'>http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244358A1.pdf</a><br /><br /></div>The FCC has released information regrading the total number of complaints filed since number portability started back on November 24, 2003. The winner, you ask? AT&T. Here's the breakdown:<br /><br /> AT&T Wireless (2787)<br /> Sprint PCS (1445)<br /> Verizon Wireless (933)<br /> T-Mobile (854)<br /> Cingular Wireless (849)<br /> Nextel (420)<br /><br />Did anyone here move from AT&T to Cingular only to find out a couple months later that Cingular purchased AT&T? :lol:

encece
02-28-2004, 04:22 PM
And that's just the people that complained to the FCC!!!

My experience moving from Verizon to ATT was HORRIBLE!
The guy at the store told me two hours when I asked if ATT was still having troubles porting numbers over. He assured me, no.

30 HOURS LATER....my number was not ported over yet. And I had some CRAZY woman tech on the phone who was the rudest !@#$er I ever spoke to. She almost wanted to blame ME for the problems.

My favorite line was when I mentioned the timing the man at the store told me, she said..."two hours is in a perfect world, unfortunately we dont live in a perfect world".

I told her..."No, in a perfect world, the change would have been instantaneous and my service would be for free. But since we live in a less than perfect world I would expect....4 hours? 5 hours? 10 hours?! Not 30 f-ing hours! It would have been quicker to get a new number and communicate it to everyone!" I was then put on hold.

My quickest comeback EVER! NICE!

2 hours later...my phone was working!

Mike Temporale
02-28-2004, 07:35 PM
And that's just the people that complained to the FCC!!!

Good point. And with all the hassles you had, did you complain to the FCC? If suspect not, I imagine that the real number of people that had problems would be much greater.

encece
02-28-2004, 08:29 PM
I did not complain. (I really didnt know that I should have done so). But at the time, all my energy was spent fighting to get incoming calls onto my phone. Outgoing worked immediately....the incoming was the problem. They were still going to Verizon. (Who, but the way after further investigation....did their end of the job immediately when requested.)

Robert Levy
02-28-2004, 11:48 PM
Interesting thing to note here is that Verizon didn't even make it onto the list. Way to go!

Mike Temporale
02-29-2004, 01:10 AM
Interesting thing to note here is that Verizon didn't even make it onto the list. Way to go!

Um, Robert... Verizon is in 3rd place. ;)

Robert Levy
02-29-2004, 01:31 AM
Doh! Note to self: get sleep.