View Full Version : New MPX220 image? I really hope it's fake...

Nevermore
02-26-2004, 10:14 PM
By now, we've all seen still unconfirmed picture of the 220's interior and exterior (you know, the "slide" from the PowerPoint presentation). But, has anyone seen the following pictures? The design is, well, hideous. I've been really looking forward to this phone, not just for its functionality but also because of its potentially attractive aesthetics. Clues led me to believe that it may look like the LG VX6000 (http://i.timeinc.net/time/gadget/images/photo_lgphone.jpg), which is by far one of the best designs on the market.

But this--? I'm really hoping the final phone looks nothing like this blocky, disproportionate mess. Does anybody know where these images originated from?

The Pictures:
http://www.brighthand.com/images/Motorola_MPx220_2.jpg
http://www.brighthand.com/images/Motorola_MPx220_1b.jpg
Complete Story:
http://www.brighthand.com/article/RumorMill_-_Pictures_of_the_MPx220?site=

Jason Dunn
02-26-2004, 11:25 PM
I agree, that does look like it's been hit with the ugly stick a few too many times. 8O

arnage2
02-27-2004, 03:30 AM
it has the mini ipod dpad. I just hope my moto i930 looks better than this.

Macguy59
02-27-2004, 09:53 PM
Compared to my i600 it looks like a DaVinci :wink:

possmann
03-16-2004, 10:42 PM
Any one have any updated news (OK - rumors accepted :lol: ) regarding the release of this phone? In fact does anyone even know for sure that the 220 is going to come to market?

I read a couple of posts ago that the only 2 phones Moto has validated are the MPX and the 100 model number...

I would love to hear something like T-Mobile will have the phone availble in July - but that I think is wishful thinking...

Ukyo
03-25-2004, 10:05 PM
Looks ok to me... granted it's not the best looking phone but i'll take it... any new MPx will beat the current one... but then again if we get the WM2k3 rom upgrade, I might just keep my current MPx200... <=oP

possmann
03-25-2004, 10:41 PM
sigh... I really wanted the MPx200 with bluetooth and WM2003 - I guess that was too much to ask...

the price point of the MPx is waaay to high for me - $900 :eek:

This is were I go back to my rant about how much I wish the mobile phone companies would just focus on building a hardware device and not worry about the OS running the phone stack and the wireless companies worry about service and coverage instead of their little tweaks to the phone and OS.

I'd love to be able to go to mymoto.com, pick out the phone I'd like, the band to run it on, configure what type of memory I would want, if I want bluetooth and/or wifi and/or a camera and then place the order like I would buy a computer online from Dell (or soon shuttle). When I get my phone I insure that I'm signed up with a wireless provider who I buy air time from - kinda like buying an ISP connection and away I go...

Why oh Why can't it be that easy? :cry:

Ukyo
03-26-2004, 04:42 AM
sigh... I really wanted the MPx200 with bluetooth and WM2003 - I guess that was too much to ask...

the price point of the MPx is waaay to high for me - $900 :eek:

This is were I go back to my rant about how much I wish the mobile phone companies would just focus on building a hardware device and not worry about the OS running the phone stack and the wireless companies worry about service and coverage instead of their little tweaks to the phone and OS.

I'd love to be able to go to mymoto.com, pick out the phone I'd like, the band to run it on, configure what type of memory I would want, if I want bluetooth and/or wifi and/or a camera and then place the order like I would buy a computer online from Dell (or soon shuttle). When I get my phone I insure that I'm signed up with a wireless provider who I buy air time from - kinda like buying an ISP connection and away I go...

Why oh Why can't it be that easy? :cry:

Because life isn't that easy... <=oP

ben865
06-07-2004, 03:26 PM
I had a quick play with an MPx220 on Saturday and that's pretty much what it looks like.

The screen on teh outside is under the semi-mirrored front and is a little tricky to read. It's reverse LCD white digits on darker background not colour.

The main screen was good and the keypad was good.

Personally I'm not a fan and look forward to playing with a 100 more.

Michael95GT
10-27-2004, 11:22 AM
Well by now everyone knows that thoses pix are the final design.

I do believe the phone is much nicer looking in person, or should I say in the hand :D I've had mine for a week now, I must say I LOVE IT!!!!

I do wish they had released the black/brown version that some sites have shown, it just looks more business like/expensive.IMHO

besiktas
10-28-2004, 12:46 PM
http://www.bascuda.com/Bascuda.aspx?cmp=Bascuda&pId=612861&aType=product&catId=4356

the pictures in the link above are also same, I don't know if it's the final model but it looks ok to me, especially the external screen. by the way it's stated that they'll start selling mpx220 on 10th of November, if it'll be sold in Turkey, how can't it be sold in USA by Cingular ?