View Full Version : Service Provider for Calgary

Honda_Civic_Si
02-19-2004, 11:25 PM
Hello all,

I was wandering if there are any service providers in Calgary that sell Smartphones? I cannot find a smartphone on any Fido, Rogers, or Telus sites - are they even available in Calgary?

Thanks,

-Justin.

Mike Temporale
02-19-2004, 11:48 PM
Hi Justin!

Currently there are no carriers in Canada that carry a Microsoft Smartphone. You can order them from Tek n' Toys.

Honda_Civic_Si
02-20-2004, 12:54 AM
Ok,

That's what I thought. So if I have a SIM card from a current phone, can I put it into the Smartphone and use it like that, or do I have to inform Rogers AT&T?

-Justin.

Mike Temporale
02-20-2004, 01:24 AM
As long as you have an unlocked Smartphone you can put any SIM in the phone and away you go! No need to talk to Rogers or Fido. That's the best thing about GSM, if you ask me. It's easy for you to change your phone.

What phone are you thinking about?

Jason Dunn
02-20-2004, 05:03 PM
As Mike said, your only option is a non-SIM locked phone from Tek 'n Toys or another Smartphone seller. This unfortunately means no discounted contract rates, which is why the phones are pretty expensive.

Honda_Civic_Si
02-20-2004, 08:49 PM
Ok,

I get it - is the cost of the Smartphone worth it then? I wasn't sure of which is the best, any recommendations?

-Justin.

Mike Temporale
02-21-2004, 05:07 AM
Well, the MPx-200 is a really nice phone from everything I have read and it's also the cheapest unlocked phone that I have seen. Are there any features that are a must have? Bluetooth? Camera? Clam-shell?

Is it worth it? Hell ya. I love this thing. It's got a huge display making it really easy to see the incoming call information at a glance. Or for reading email, web pages, or whatever. It's not a replacement for the Pocket PC (for me anyway) because it doesn't do text entry very well. Of course, it's meant to be a one-handed device.

Honda_Civic_Si
03-05-2004, 03:55 AM
Maybe I'll look into it - the newest MPx with the dual folding screen and rotatable display is awesome, maybe an all in one?

Who knows, but for know my Ipaq 2215 will do just fine.

-Justin.