View Full Version : Removing a remnant of a demo app

akod
02-17-2004, 09:58 PM
Fast technie question:

I'm semi PC saavy but new to my Samsung i600 for Verizon and the Smartphone OS.

I installed a demo of an app called List Pro and likely deleted something I should not have when I removed it in error. As as a result I keep getting the follwing error message:

"Cannot execute: \IPSM\Windows\ListProAlarms.exe"

Where can I go in and remedy this? Is the registry accesible?

Suggestions?

Thanks for your help!!!

encece
02-18-2004, 04:05 AM
When you removed the program, did you go to Settings>Remove programs and remove it that way or did you remove it manually?

If you removed it manually, you may still be able to go to settings and remove all of the little bits.

If not, there is a program called RegEdit that is freeware to edit the registry. You can download it at Monolithix.org

Also, always turn the phone off then back on after deleting software.
before deleting, make sure the program is not running in the background by closing it with a task manager like SPTaskManager also available from the aformentioned site.

akod
02-18-2004, 05:57 PM
Manually. Thanks - I'll give that a try.

Regards,

Andy

akod
02-19-2004, 12:14 AM
Don't seem to be able to get rid of it. :(

I believe I deleted the program incorrectly and as a result something in the startup is telling the phone to look for the listproalarms.exe file.

Any suggestions on where to look to tell the phone "NOT" to look for this file any longer?

I've looked all over but am feeling stumped :(

(p.s. I installed RegEdit and have used that to look).

Thanks again!!

Macguy59
02-19-2004, 01:05 AM
Don't seem to be able to get rid of it. :(

I believe I deleted the program incorrectly and as a result something in the startup is telling the phone to look for the listproalarms.exe file.

Any suggestions on where to look to tell the phone "NOT" to look for this file any longer?

I've looked all over but am feeling stumped :(

(p.s. I installed RegEdit and have used that to look).

Thanks again!!

Try the startup folder. You might also try a more generic search of the registry <ie> search on 'listpro'

akod
02-19-2004, 01:45 AM
Looks like that finally worked! Thanks for the help! Much appreciated!

- Andy

kennyg
07-24-2004, 07:31 AM
There is also a untility called dbView that allows you to remove database entries from the smarthphone. It's available at www.smartphonedn.com

Kenny.

ditch_azeroth
04-19-2006, 09:38 AM
or you could have tried re-installing the program... then uninstall it using the "remove programs" menu... ^_^

zilla31
09-19-2006, 02:23 PM
i'm having a similar problem but can't find the "startup" folder. i know its prob right under my nose but i could use a nudge in the right direction... thanks!

Mike Temporale
09-19-2006, 03:51 PM
i'm having a similar problem but can't find the "startup" folder. i know its prob right under my nose but i could use a nudge in the right direction... thanks!

On your phone, browse to \Windows\Startup ;)

zilla31
09-19-2006, 04:14 PM
that's what i figured Mike (thanks BTW) but if i go into Resco Exp. 2003, at the root i see:

App Data
Conn Mgr
dochive
docprof
Doc and Settings
MAPI
My Docs
Program Files
<assortment of files>

is the win folder hidden somehow? with an option somewhere?

Mike Temporale
09-19-2006, 04:34 PM
Look in the options for Resco Explorer. I think it's set to hide system folders and files by default.

zilla31
09-19-2006, 05:25 PM
thanks a ton that did it... i can see hiding system files but "windows"? damn!

Ilium Software
10-02-2006, 02:45 PM
Hi,

Sorry I'm a little late to the game here. If you ever run into something like this with any of our products ALWAYS feel free to contact us. I know some apps leave all sorts of bits and pieces behind but we try to clean up after ourselves. If that doesn't happen something went wrong and our support folks can help you to sort it out!

Marc Tassin
Ilium Software
--------------------
[email protected]
+1 (734) 973-9388
---------------------
http://www.iliumsoft.com

And be sure check out our new blog! http://blog.iliumsoft.com/

ditch_azeroth
01-08-2007, 06:55 PM
you also might want to delete the link file found somewhere in the \windows\start menu< location. if you want to go the next step, you can also search for the reg key the software made in your registry and delete that as well. cheers ^_^

Fenix
01-28-2007, 08:09 PM
First of all, Greetings everyone. I'm new to this forum.

I have the same issue with the unistalling of pTravalAlarm, aame message at reboot (soft reset). My phone is a Treo 700w.
There is no trace of the program in the startup directory and I used PHM Regedit to find it but to no avail.
I couldn't find the equivalent of the Windows "Run" key in the smartphone registry. I deleded the software thru Activesync AND also tried it thru the remove programs on the smartphone itself. Problem still here.
I contacted the vendor and waiting for their response.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks.

Fenix
01-28-2007, 08:30 PM
FYI, I followed the last point of encece's advice (reboot after delete) and that did it. :)

Thanks, encece.