View Full Version : Windows Mobile 2003 Upgrade Coming for Samsung i600

David McNamee
02-04-2004, 08:51 PM
This was spotted in the newsgroups and passed along to us from very reliable source. It is the response from Samsung to someone inquiring about the availability of a software upgrade for the i600. "Thank You for your inquiry regarding the upgrade of your OS. Samsung and Microsoft are currently in the process of working together on the upgrade process for the device. The upgrade will be available in the near future. More than likely, this will be in early 2004. Please check back periodically for updates."I'd say it is pretty safe to expect that the i600 <i>will</i> be upgraded! :rock on dude!: Now we just have to wait to see how quickly Verizon gets it out the door.

Macguy59
02-05-2004, 03:22 PM
This was spotted in the newsgroups and passed along to us from very reliable source. It is the response from Samsung to someone inquiring about the availability of a software upgrade for the i600.

"Thank You for your inquiry regarding the upgrade of your OS. Samsung and Microsoft are currently in the process of working together on the upgrade process for the device. The upgrade will be available in the near future. More than likely, this will be in early 2004. Please check back periodically for updates."

I'd say it is pretty safe to expect that the i600 will be upgraded! :rock on dude!: Now we just have to wait to see how quickly Verizon gets it out the door.

Sounds like GREAT NEWS :mrgreen:

wxrman
02-08-2004, 12:50 PM
8O

http://microsoft.smartphonedevkit.everlinkwireless.com/2003Download.aspx

Looks like SOME people can already do that... there is a little more reading here...

http://microsoft.smartphonedevkit.everlinkwireless.com/2003Upgradeins.aspx

...all found with a simple Google search.

Can't wait!

thetruth
02-12-2004, 08:52 AM
I went to a MS Mobile users group meeting in Redmond several months ago. When asked, MS reps said they had competely finished their work on the upgrade and it was now up to Samsung and VZ get it to the user. Sounds like Samsung is game. I'm not going to hold my breathe that VZ will follow through...