View Full Version : Motorola MPx220 Will be Arriving at the End of Q1 2004?

Jason Dunn
01-09-2004, 09:14 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.smartfone.net/?m=show&id=207' target='_blank'>http://www.smartfone.net/?m=show&id=207</a><br /><br /></div>"Further communication with our Motorola contacts has confirmed that the Motorola MPx220 Smartphone will be available at the end of March 2004. Also, it will be debuting on the T-mobile USA network, not ATT Wireless[who will be deploying another Smartphone model in Q2 2004]. As for the people that have been combing the FCC site in the USA for this model, they are missing an important distinction that was revealed by our Motorola sources: as they put it, FCC postings/testing are really for NEW models that are debuting for use in the USA, NOT for UPGRADED systems. This is the key point. Since it is an upgrade, hence the use of the MPx 200 series moniker, as opposed to an MPx100 or MPx300 series(which are new models), it does NOT have to be posted on the FCC website..."<br /><br />Gee, and I haven't even held an MPx200 for more than 30 seconds. ;-)

possmann
01-09-2004, 09:21 PM
:onfire: :way to go: :beer:

FINALLY

And on T-Mobile (my current network) WAHOO! Way to go and it’s time to celebrate. I’ll be watching the deals on Amazon.com around March/April me thinks. I cannot wait until this pops out – heck I may even pre-order! :lol:

randalllewis
01-09-2004, 11:58 PM
Perfect timing-- at least for me-- because that is about when my AT&T contract expires and I can port my numbers if I choose. By the way, is the general view that T-Mobile coverage is better than AT&T?

cmorris
01-10-2004, 12:01 AM
Perfect timing-- at least for me-- because that is about when my AT&T contract expires and I can port my numbers if I choose. By the way, is the general view that T-Mobile coverage is better than AT&T?

Tough to say depending on where you live. Consensus seems to say that T-Mobile is better, but I switched to AT&T from T-Mobile and got better coverage at both my home and work. Go figure...

Mike Temporale
01-10-2004, 04:47 AM
I wonder what price the 220 will start at? Any chance we'll see the same deals as we saw with the 200? It would be great if it was priced aggressively like the 200 model. Unfortunately I think it will be around the $400 US mark. :cry: