View Full Version : SMS

Peaces
12-17-2003, 06:49 AM
I used to be able to send SMS messages to an email address with my other phones but my Samsung won't even try to send. How can I fix this???

encece
12-18-2003, 05:03 AM
I used to be able to send SMS messages to an email address with my other phones but my Samsung won't even try to send. How can I fix this???

Thats because the INBOX is an integrated app and is intended to be used as an email AND as an SMS client. When you type an email address, it thinks your sending via your POP3 or IMAP service.

I cant answer you now...but I'll look.
Check the i700 PPC forums as people had the same problem with it. There is a number that you put in the TO field like 5676. Then you put the email address on the first line of the message field followed by your text.
I'll find out what the exact number is.

encece
12-18-2003, 05:23 AM
The number is 6245

Subject Line Blank
email address on the first line of your message followed by the text of your message.

A shortcut mentioned is to save the email addresses you frequently send using this method in your Predefined Text.

awesterink
12-18-2003, 06:07 AM
Dang...that's kind of a roundabout way of doing things, isn't it? I was already wondering how the heck I could send an SMS.

The thing that kinda puzzles me is that when I sync my contacts with Outlook, it populates the "SMS" field with one of the synced phone numbers for that contact...how I am supposed to use that?

maxnix
12-18-2003, 07:34 AM
The thing that kinda puzzles me is that when I sync my contacts with Outlook, it populates the "SMS" field with one of the synced phone numbers for that contact...how I am supposed to use that?Highlight it and press OK? Don't SMS, so don't know. Email is so much better for me.

encece
12-18-2003, 08:35 AM
Dang...that's kind of a roundabout way of doing things, isn't it? I was already wondering how the heck I could send an SMS.

The thing that kinda puzzles me is that when I sync my contacts with Outlook, it populates the "SMS" field with one of the synced phone numbers for that contact...how I am supposed to use that?
It populates the SMS field with the Mobile Number. The SMS field is created more as a convenience.
Click on mobile number and the phone dials the call.
Click on SMS(mobile number) and an SMS message is initiated.

I personally wish more people would SMS. I only have about 2 or 3 friends who use it.

Peaces
12-18-2003, 01:55 PM
Thank You. 6245 and the predefined text thing works for me.

I called tech support and was assured that Samsung is working on the problem. The tech (from Verizon Wireless) says it will be a free upgrade in the future although he doesn't know when it will be available.

Thanks Again!

awesterink
12-18-2003, 03:47 PM
Click on SMS(mobile number) and an SMS message is initiated.
I'll be darned...that actually works. I expected the SMS address to be formatted as [email protected], so I simply assumed that the format it was stored as would not work.....I suppose I should try it first before assuming, huh? Thx..