View Full Version : Sounds getting reset constantly???

rob_sfo
12-12-2003, 06:54 PM
Anyone seen this issue? My sounds are constantly being reset (under Settings -> Sounds). I haven't yet noticed any rhyme or reason to it. I dock it daily and I use different profiles all the time, so one of those things might be causing it.

Love the phone, but I'm getting annoyed at this.

Robert Levy
12-12-2003, 07:13 PM
When you turn your phone off, be sure to do it by tapping the power button and selecting that menu option - anything else risks losing certain settings

rob_sfo
12-12-2003, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the tip. It hasn't been due to powering off though...happens more often than that.

I guess I also should have stated that I have an i600.

PIjim
02-03-2004, 02:50 AM
I am having the same problem with my i600. It seems to reset all of my sounds each time I power down. I don't understand the suggestion about tapping the power button, no menu appears when I tap mine. Any thoughts?

Jim

Santa Fe
02-03-2004, 04:06 AM
Has not happened to me after several months of use. Perhaps it is unit specific or do you have some unique sounds?

PIjim
02-03-2004, 02:58 PM
Yeah.... I should have added that the sounds I have loaded are the sci-fi sounds from soundrangers.com. They are 'wave sound' files and work just fine when loaded into the i600. They just don't make it through the first power down/up. I have them loaded into the :\windows directory where they seem to belong.

Santa Fe
02-03-2004, 04:08 PM
Do not store files in the //windows/ folder because this folder is re-written every time the phone is turned on.

I think you should put them in a new folder you make called sounds on your storage card or in your my documents folder.

PIjim
02-03-2004, 10:18 PM
But... How does the phone get the sounds? It seems to be pointing at //windows now. I cannot seem to get it to find the sounds when I place them in any other folder. The sounds are changed in Settings, Sounds, Ringtone, etc.

Santa Fe
02-03-2004, 11:15 PM
I don't have any custom sounds but I think this will work. Create a folder under IPSM/Application Data called Sounds. Put all of your wave files in IPSM/Application Data/Sounds.

They will not get deleted there when you turn off the phone and they will be seen by the sounds settings.

Let me know.

PIjim
02-04-2004, 03:55 AM
Wow! That works great. Thank you for the fast tip. Have you just been experimenting or do you have a better manual than mine.

Santa Fe
02-04-2004, 04:09 PM
It was snowing all day so I couldn't go ride my horse so I played around with the phone to see if I could answer your question.