View Full Version : Bought an i600!

Skitals
12-03-2003, 05:58 AM
Im right in the middle for a 2 year contract so couldnt get any discounts. I didnt want to spend $650, so I bought it on ebay for $498. Cross your fingers for me. He had good (enough) feedback and paypal was verified premium seller.

This is replacing my mott v120e. I hate the phone. Also replacing my ipaq, which was stolen (along with all my other ppc stuff, and my whole car stereo). I use "replacing" lightly there as I know a smartphone isnt a ppc. I used my ipaq w/ wifi to hunt for hotspots so i could get on aim, pocket ie, etc. Its gonna be wonderful using it anywhere in verizon land, with one hand.

Im not too worried about text input sucking... im so use to text messaging on my phone WITHOUT t9. I guess maybe this is one of those things younger people are better at (im 17)... cause we always txt in school and such :D

Anyway, wish me luck.

HailStorm
12-03-2003, 08:19 AM
Welcome aboard!! :D $498 isn't half bad considering I paid $434 at retail w/ 2yr contract. lol

Ditto on text input...I -fly- with T9 now that I've gotten the hang of it. It is a joy to fire off text msgs and reply to emails on the move. Not sure what plan you have, but VZW offers $4.99/mo for unlimted text messages through March 2004. After that, it drops to 250/mo...but usually they offer another promo that goes for another few months. Just gotta make sure you stay on top of it to keep getting the promotional price! :)

Cheers, and enjoy your i600 Skitals!!

encece
12-03-2003, 10:17 AM
It's about time! :wink:

Skitals
12-03-2003, 12:40 PM
Even with my old crappy phone I ALWAYS found myself going over the sms message limit, and having to go back and change "to" to "2" and remove commas and periods. It will be nice being able to bang out an email when I need some bulk to my messages :)

I have been a pocket pc user forever... brighthand member of 3 years. I never found myself taking advantage of the handwriting recognition, but I would always use the stupid on screen keyboard. Granted I have gotten very fast that method; while it may not be FASTER to type using a keypad, it will sure be more convenient in my eyes.

Macguy59
12-03-2003, 11:41 PM
Congrats. My text inputting is minimal, but on that occasion when I want to type more then a few words I use the flexible keyboard that was designed for the phone. It rolls up into a small bundle and is reasonably priced.