View Full Version : mitac 8380 set up for ATTwireless GSM?

PoOkieThaRacer
11-10-2003, 07:24 AM
does anyone know where i can get my 8380 wired in for ATT gsM?!?! for example all of the wap settings... and what not... (so i can surf the net).. and is there a way to surf the net via my home pc.. which is hooked through cable modem? (because reading the settings and stuff made it seem that it was very possible)...

and for the 8380 owners out there...

has anyone had a problem w/ the subLCD lying to you? mine constantly tells me that i have full reception... where as the main LCD says i have zilch. =( and the time on the subLCD is always freakin different than the main LCD... i dunno which to believe....

is there a way to set the phone so i can answer it just by opening the clamshell.. because right now... it won't answer that way.. =(

ok.. and another thing.. I AM SERIOUSLY considering on selling my 8380.. after only a weeks worth of use.. i m thinking of throwing the towel in... anyone interested.. let me know =)

i am not stupid.. i am making an effort to join the more technologically advanced folks out there w/ the smartphones... sick of the samsungs and nokias...

encece
11-21-2003, 04:00 AM
does anyone know where i can get my 8380 wired in for ATT gsM?!?! for example all of the wap settings... and what not... (so i can surf the net).. and is there a way to surf the net via my home pc.. which is hooked through cable modem? (because reading the settings and stuff made it seem that it was very possible)...

and for the 8380 owners out there...

has anyone had a problem w/ the subLCD lying to you? mine constantly tells me that i have full reception... where as the main LCD says i have zilch. =( and the time on the subLCD is always freakin different than the main LCD... i dunno which to believe....

is there a way to set the phone so i can answer it just by opening the clamshell.. because right now... it won't answer that way.. =(

ok.. and another thing.. I AM SERIOUSLY considering on selling my 8380.. after only a weeks worth of use.. i m thinking of throwing the towel in... anyone interested.. let me know =)

i am not stupid.. i am making an effort to join the more technologically advanced folks out there w/ the smartphones... sick of the samsungs and nokias...

Check out the GPRS Settings Repository Here:http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=4861
There are smartphone settings listed for AT&T as well as alomost every oter carrier in the world.

I dont have a Mitac anymore...but the outer LCD is WRONG WRONG WRONG...stick with the inner reading.

Go thru your phone settings. I remember there was an option to answer the phone on open. (pretty sure.) Start>Programs>Settings>??