View Full Version : help w/ mitac 8380

PoOkieThaRacer
11-07-2003, 10:53 PM
if anyone can help me... i need help desperately w/ my mio.

i can't seem to get the mio software CD to load on my computer... has anyone else experience this problem?

and i am curious ... how many CDs does the mio initially come w/?
because i only have one =( and it says "disk 2"

ok... any how the hell do i clear the sdmmc card?

how do i transfer my numbers from my sim card to the phone's actual memory?

I M NEW W/ THE SMART PHONE THING.. can you tell?!?!

but i am willing to learn.. please help!!!

encece
11-08-2003, 01:57 AM
i can't seem to get the mio software CD to load on my computer... has anyone else experience this problem?
and i am curious ... how many CDs does the mio initially come w/?
because i only have one =( and it says "disk 2"
ok... any how the hell do i clear the sdmmc card?
how do i transfer my numbers from my sim card to the phone's actual memory?
I M NEW W/ THE SMART PHONE THING.. can you tell?!?!
but i am willing to learn.. please help!!!

The Mitac comes with 2 CDs. The first includes ActiveSync which is necessary for syncing your phone to the PC. It also includes MS Outlook which is what the phone's PIM applications sync to. (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Mail) You can download ActiveSync from Microsoft's Mobile Specific Site for free....but Outlook, you have to pay for if you can't get disk #1.

I dont know why the disk doesnt work on your PC. Could be a PC problem. Could be that you have a damaged CD#2.

To transfer/delete your files from the SD, you need Active Sync installed. From there you could dlick on explore, navigate to the SD, then remove the files.

Without ActiveSync, you could buy an SD card reader that plugs into your USB....they're really cheap and almost free.

Other than that, you MAY be able to connect your phone to your PC without activesync and the PC will still recognize the phone as a drive. Go into explorer to see if it sees the phone...navigate from there. If not...you will need ActiveSync installed.

As I wont have my new smartphone until next week...I forget how to transfer SIM numbers. But you can try going into Contacts and clicking thru the menu options there. I believe it is there. But again...I cant check today.

Good Luck.