View Full Version : Voice Features?

possmann
11-07-2003, 10:18 PM
Does this have any voice command features like looking up someone, contact into and then dailing that contact's home or mobile number?
l am hoping that it does or that there is an app available for that so we don't have to scroll through a sea of contacts while in the car...

brntcrsp
11-07-2003, 11:24 PM
yes it does. I haven't tried it myself but it does have voice software.

encece
11-08-2003, 02:03 AM
I was not aware it had voice software? The i600 does under Verizon. Same as the i700 PPC Phone. But I dont think the Motorola does.

It only has a voice recorder as far as I know.

brntcrsp
11-08-2003, 05:01 AM
it has a feature called voice tags which allow you to add a spoken tag to any contact or application.

Quite simply you assign them by adding a voice tag found under the second action button when viewing programs, or in your contacts.

To activate, hold the record button and speak your voice tag after the prompt it will then repeat it and launch either the phone call or the application. I just added one on my phone.

cortez
11-08-2003, 05:01 AM
yep - the MPX200 uses a voice-tag that you can assign to a contact. you have to quickly depress the jog-dial/volume control to activate voice dail; if you're too slow the phone thinks you want to adjust the volume. with a little practice & patience i get it right 95% of the time :D

encece
11-08-2003, 05:11 AM
I humbly stand corrected!