View Full Version : Smartphone Thoughts Newsletter Launched

Robert Levy
10-06-2003, 03:24 PM
With the North American Smartphone launch right around the corner, we felt that this would be a good time to take the next step towards keeping you up to date with the latest Smartphone news and opinions. Bright and early every Monday morning this newsletter will go out to our registered readers. Each newsletter will start out with an introductory piece written by myself followed by a copy of our three most-discussed stories from the previous week. We’ll also include two blurbs about a sponsored product and a featured download. Lastly, the newsletter will end with a complete listing of the week’s headlines and links to each story.With an increasing number of press leaks and rumors as fuel, the big focus lately has been speculating on the future. Will Sprint carry the Samsung i600? What will be said at PDC about future Windows Mobile platforms? What will power the i930 Smartphone that Motorola and Nextel are working on? When will Verizon and AT&T Wireless unleash Smartphones in the United States? Is it true that Microsoft will announce a new partner on Wednesday? If so, who will it be? We have loads of questions and the list is getting longer every day. For now, only two things are certain: Over the next several weeks, a lot of big things are going to happen and Smartphone Thoughts will be bringing that news to you as it happens.To help bring you answers, our team will be racking up the frequent flyer miles this month. Jason and Andy will represent the Thoughts Media Empire at Microsoft’s exclusive Mobius conference in Redmond, Jason will be at the Pocket PC Summit in Las Vegas, and David and I will close out the month at the Professional Developers Conference in Los Angeles.If you did not receive this week's newletter, it probably means that you are not yet a registered reader. Get on board and stay up to date by <a href="http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/profile.php?mode=register">registering now</a>. On the other hand, if you did receive this week's newletter and want to swtich to the plain-text version or opt out completely, you can do this by changing your "FREE Weekly Digest" options on the <a href="http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/profile.php?mode=editprofile">Preferences</a> page.I'm really excited about this and I hope you are too. Please let us know what you think by posting a comment in this thread or contacting me <a href="http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/contact.php">privately</a>.

Mike Temporale
10-06-2003, 07:33 PM
If you did not receive this week's newletter, it probably means that you are not yet a registered reader. Get on board and stay up to date by registering now (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/profile.php?mode=register). On the other hand, if you did receive this week's newletter and want to swtich to the plain-text version or opt out completely, you can do this by changing your "FREE Weekly Digest" options on the Preferences (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/profile.php?mode=editprofile) page.

Just to let you know, I didn't receive this weeks newsletter. After checking my settings, it appears that it was turned off by default. I have adjusted the settings, and look forward to the weekly updates!

I would love to see the email blasts from PPCT come over here too. :D

Jason Dunn
10-06-2003, 08:22 PM
Just to let you know, I didn't receive this weeks newsletter. After checking my settings, it appears that it was turned off by default. I have adjusted the settings, and look forward to the weekly updates!

How strange - they should have all been turned ON by default - we sent out 100's of copies of the newsletter today, so it's strange that your settings was turned off.

I would love to see the email blasts from PPCT come over here too. :D

That's in the plans - we're re-doing an important portion of our subscriber services, and once that is done, we'll have full-blown subscriber services here, with all the same benefits we have at Pocket PC Thoughts (the expcetion being the Vaja coupon and games - we have yet to work out what we're going to do with that).

David McNamee
10-06-2003, 09:38 PM

Strangely enough, I had the same thing happen!

burnabytom
01-09-2008, 11:21 PM
I tried to look at my newsletter options, I'm still gettign Digital Media Thoughts newsletters even though the site has been renamed. I don't see anything that allows me to set the preferences in the User CP area. Is this moved somewhere else, or am I losing my mind? :eek:
The problem with the newsletters is that my DMT newsletter weekly digest is basically just links and missing pictures. Both the Pocket PC and Smartphone are coming through with graphics etc.
Thanks

Pony99CA
05-21-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm getting two copies of the Smartphone Thoughts newsletters. I assume this is because I've registered at various Thoughts Media sites with different E-mail addresses (I use unique addresses for each domain I register with). Will clicking the removal link in one E-mail still keep me signed up? (I can't check the link's URL because it's on my Motorola Q9m and I don't have access to another E-mail client now.)

I seem to only get one Pocket PC Thoughts newsletter, though, and no Digital Home Thoughts newsletter (I used to get the Digital Media Thoughts version).

So what's the best way to one (and only one) copy of each? :)

Steve