View Full Version : Smartphone Thoughts Download Page Launched

Jason Dunn
08-18-2003, 07:08 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/downloads.php' target='_blank'>http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/downloads.php</a><br /><br /></div>I'm thrilled to report that our downloads page is finally great to go out the door! So what's on the download page you might ask? Right now, we have the following to offer you:<br /><br />• Smartphone Thoughts wallpaper (FREE) created by the amazing Fabrizio<br />• Smartphone Thoughts theme for your phone (FREE) created by Fabrizio<br />• Custom ring tones created for your Smartphone (FREE) at the moment created by me<br />• Featured application (this is an advertising zone)<br />• A list of our favourite Smartphone applications - this is a personal "best of" list picked by our editors, not an advertising zone. Applications will come and go from this list, but if it's on the list, it means we genuinely like the application and would recommend it to other Smartphone users.<br /><br />I spent a few hours this weekend hunkered down over my laptop creating the ring tones, and I learned a lot as I went, so expect them to get better tweaked over time. I want to stress that these ring tones were created using royalty-free loops, so unlike some of the scammers stealing someone else's' song and having the audacity to charge money for it, these are unique creative works that we're giving to you, Smartphone Thoughts readers. Enjoy, and expect this section to grow over time - I have eight more ring tone packs for you to download. One new ring tone pack will be released each Monday for the next seven weeks. :D

Wuss912
08-18-2003, 07:14 PM
first you give me a phone now all this!! 8O
wow cool now i really can't wait for the mail to arrive :P

greenmozart
08-18-2003, 09:56 PM
Great addition to the site, Jason. I look forward to making use of it someday. :wink:

Jason Dunn
08-19-2003, 05:35 PM
Great addition to the site, Jason. I look forward to making use of it someday. :wink:

Indeed, I'm sure you will. :D

No other comments? Anyone? Anyone?

Wuss912
08-19-2003, 06:02 PM
No other comments? Anyone? Anyone?

how about a section where we the users of smartphone thoughts can post files...
8)

Jason Dunn
08-19-2003, 09:31 PM
how about a section where we the users of smartphone thoughts can post files...

We're considering that, but the problem there is how quickly storage space gets eaten up. Right now our entire database is under 100 MB, but if we start embedding files and images, that will bloat into the gigabytes very quickly (I remember Dale Coffing telling me that his forum image was something crazy like 40 GB...).

It's something we're still thinking about though. :-)