View Full Version : Phone Control with Smart Phone SDK

martyw
08-17-2003, 09:58 PM
Is there any way to control the phone with the new Smart Phone SDK? I would like to dial the phone, hangup, etc..

Thanks in advance,

Marty

Robert Levy
08-18-2003, 08:40 AM
There is a "virtual radio" version of the emulator which *pretends* to do these things. There is also a version of the emulator that works with a GSM hardware module which you attach to your computer by a serial cable - this is pretty expensive but it lets you have *real* phone capabilities from within the emulator.

Kris Kumar
08-18-2003, 12:01 PM
Is there any way to control the phone with the new Smart Phone SDK? I would like to dial the phone, hangup, etc..

If u r talking about APIs in the SDK that enable phone related functionality..

Yes, the SDK does provide functions to do that stuff...

I havent gotten around to play with them..but once u install the SDK, in the help look under

"Windows CE APIs for SmartPhone 2003" (its the last item in
the help contents)-> "Telephony API"
And under
"Smartphone API reference" -> "Telephony"

Or search for functions
PhoneMakeCall(), lineMakeCall() and lineCallbackFunc()

Like lineCallbackFunc() should allow u to get messages regarding call state...lineMakeCall() places call.

And from the looks of it, seems like 2003 has a lot of new TAPI functions.

Kris

martyw
08-19-2003, 12:55 AM
Nice.. Thanks. I hate their default phone application.

Marty

Kris Kumar
08-19-2003, 03:22 AM
FYI...

Since u said u hate current dialer..dont use PhoneMakeCall() or lineMakeCall(), it allows u to dial ur number..but brings up the dialer app.

Smartphone 2002 had no way of overriding the default app..I am not sure of 2003 behaviour, but the there seems to be lot more TAPI functions...so u may have to investigate a bit.