View Full Version : Anyone else having problems with the Auto Login here?

Mike Temporale
07-25-2003, 01:00 PM
Not sure why, but I have to log into this site at least once a day. For sure, first thing in the morning. And sometimes in the middle of the day. :?

I always turn on the "remember me" feature, and it works for a little while but it doesn't last. I don't have these problems with PPCT. I have not had to login there for a while.

Am I alone on this? Is this a known issue, Jason?

mcsouth
07-25-2003, 05:07 PM
I haven't experienced the sort of trouble you are describing at all. In fact, I am auto-logged on at least three different PC's with different versions of Windows and IE - my personal PC at home, our family PC (that the kids mostly monopolize) and my work PC. In fact, I think I may also be autologged on a workstation here at work too.......hmmmm, maybe better fix that.........

....so no, I haven't had any troubles like you're describing - sorry.

Robert Levy
07-25-2003, 05:14 PM
If you go in and manually delete your cookies from this site, it should start working again... several others have had this problem and that solution seems to work. Not sure why it's happening though

spg
07-25-2003, 06:01 PM
If you go in and manually delete your cookies from this site, it should start working again... several others have had this problem and that solution seems to work. Not sure why it's happening though
I had this problem a while back, and this was the first thing I tried. Haven't had any problems with the auto login since...

I have however noticed that sometimes my first visit here in a day will end up showing no "new posts" when I know there are some. Seems like I recall a post about this on PPCThoughts a while back, but I can't remember for sure.

Mike Temporale
07-25-2003, 07:15 PM
Just happened again! Everything was fine when I left for lunch, now that I have returned, it doesn't know who I am. :(

Funny enough, it seems to work on my laptop. Just this machine. I will try removing the cookies and see what happens.

encece
07-26-2003, 03:29 PM
I had this problem a while back, and this was the first thing I tried. Haven't had any problems with the auto login since...

I have however noticed that sometimes my first visit here in a day will end up showing no "new posts" when I know there are some. Seems like I recall a post about this on PPCThoughts a while back, but I can't remember for sure.

I have the NEW POSTS problem too. Most times...new posts don't show up in red when I know they are there. I think even there was one red icon (dark orange) with NO new post under it.

Nothing funky on my end...using IE6.0 if that helps.

Mike Temporale
07-28-2003, 07:19 PM

That seems to have fixed the problem. thanks!