View Full Version : It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a... phone?

Chris Edwards
07-14-2003, 09:22 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/68/31723.html' target='_blank'>http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/68/31723.html</a><br /><br /></div>"If you've ever been tempted to sling your old mobile, the Eastern Europeans are more than several steps ahead of you.<br /><br />"To be precise, they're 57 metres ahead of you. This is the current record in the phone throwing competitions that litter the sporting calendar in Eastern Europe and the Nordics."<br /><br />Unfortunately they've standardized on using a Samsung SGH-R200 handset. The SPV would probably be able to get some good momentum going considering its weight 8).<br /><br />Competitors can choose to throw free-style (which also takes style, aesthetic beauty and overall impression into consideration), or traditional-style where they are limited to a straight-from-the-shoulder throwing technique.<br /><br />So, grab your phone and start practicing... It'd be fun to have something like this at a Smartphone event.

Janak Parekh
07-14-2003, 09:54 PM
8O

But Smartphones aren't old!

Maybe when the Smartphone 2003 devices come out... :lol:

--janak

Chris Edwards
07-14-2003, 09:59 PM
My SPV sure looks old :) I don't think there's much paint left on it.

But I guess you're right... If I ever have the urge to throw my Smartphone, I'll just have a piece of gum or something.

Maybe I should have said:

"So, grab your phone and start practicing... It'd be fun to have something like this at a Smartphone event (using old Nokia phones of course)."

:)

spg
07-14-2003, 10:03 PM

"So, grab your phone and start practicing... It'd be fun to have something like this at a Smartphone event (using old Nokia phones of course)."

Now that's an idea... and give a Smartphone away to the winner? :)

Robert Levy
07-14-2003, 10:17 PM

Now that's an idea... and give a Smartphone away to the winner? :)

Have you guys ever seen Dale Coffing do his Palm trade-in thing at a Pocket PC event? Man... I can totally picture him doing this ;)

RDC
07-14-2003, 10:19 PM
That's pretty funny. As long as they're not randomly testing for performance enhancing substances, sign me up for the next event.

spg
07-14-2003, 10:31 PM
Have you guys ever seen Dale Coffing do his Palm trade-in thing at a Pocket PC event? Man... I can totally picture him doing this ;)
Oh yeah, that would be great!

"Alright... step right up and win a Pocket PC! Whoever can throw their old Palm the furthest wins the great new iPAQ!" :D