View Full Version : RSS aggregator

popabawa
07-10-2003, 01:59 PM
I was just thinking that some kind of XML/RSS aggregator would be a perfect app for the Smartphone.

Sync it while connected to the PC, GPRS while on the road.

Anything like this in development?

Jason Dunn
07-10-2003, 04:18 PM
Not AFAIK, but that's a damn good idea. :-)

popabawa
07-10-2003, 04:41 PM
Pity my programming skills are so non-l33t :lol:

Maybe I'll have a look at the SDK over the weekend and how intrepid I'm feeling...

spg
07-12-2003, 10:30 PM
I agree, that is a killer application idea. It is perfect for the smartphone platform...

popabawa
07-14-2003, 02:43 PM
Goshdurnit!

Looks like Smartphone app's can only be developed in C++ using the SDK. My tiny brain can only handle VB...

The only other option is a copy of Visual Studio .net 2003 which isn't an option because it's about a million quid :(

futaris
07-18-2003, 01:49 AM
Funny you should mention the word Aggregator - check out:
http://rss.blogstreet.com

Info Aggregator is an RSS-to-IMAP service. It lets you receive and read RSS feeds in your favourite mail client. It delivers all the latest news and blog posts directly to your mailbox.

Now there is no need to go to the blog homepage everyday to check what's new. You can read the feeds from anywhere, even when not connected to the internet.

Plus there is no need for a separate application like a RSS News Aggregator. Your current mail application acts like the Newsreader. Therefore you can start right away, no learning curve. Deal with the feeds like you do with mail.

I assume you'd be able to use it with the builtin IMAP client?

spg
07-18-2003, 04:20 AM
Funny you should mention the word Aggregator - check out:
http://rss.blogstreet.com
Cool, that might not be the perfect solution, but it looks like it might be a workaround. Problem is, you can only check one e-mail account at a time, which means you couldn't check both that and your e-mail. At least... I think that would be the case. :?