View Full Version : A Bright Future

Andy Sjostrom
07-08-2003, 10:27 AM
I am thrilled to be joining the Smartphone Thoughts team! The last couple of years, I have been writing for Pocket PC Thoughts and will continue to do so. As on Pocket PC Thoughts, I will report about developer topics and how Smartphones are used in large companies. My passion is for Microsoft operating system based mobile devices, including both Smartphones and Pocket PCs. I first saw a Smartphone before it was released, when it was called "Stinger", almost three years ago. Today, I am an Orange SPV user and while I think it's really cool to use Windows in a mobile phone, I realize that it will take time before I am really satisfied. Microsoft is really committed to the product and I have no doubts that we will see a different market situation in a few years.

A couple of weeks ago we learned about Dell's plans to market and sell Smartphones. I sort of anticipated this (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=328) already in February 2002! I wrote in a post called "Wishful thinking": "Dell believes mobile phone market goes corporate - The hardware giant has long stayed away from the mobile device market, but is finally determined to start playing in this growing segment. Dell has decided to work with device maker HTC to make their Dell Smartphone 2002. Their strategy is somewhat different from the other mobile phone makers: they will market and sell the devices to corporate accounts only, coupled with server hardware, Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Mobile Information Server."

Moving forward, I am sure we will see more exciting news of the same nature. We will do our best to make sure that you can read about all of it here at Smartphone Thoughts!

marlof
07-08-2003, 07:43 PM
Looking forward to your contributions here, my friend!