View Full Version : What do you use for Smartphone screen shots?

pdantic
07-04-2003, 11:38 PM
Just curious...

What do YOU use for taking screenshots from your favorite Windows-Powered Smartphone?

Jason Dunn
07-05-2003, 05:16 AM
Nothing yet. Got any suggestions? :D

Robert Levy
07-05-2003, 07:29 AM
Nothing yet. Got any suggestions? :D

I use the Pocket PC Remote Display power toy - yes, it works on Smartphone too :)

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/downloads/pocketpc/remotedsp_eula.mspx

skjelnes
07-05-2003, 04:22 PM
Just curious...

What do YOU use for taking screenshots from your favorite Windows-Powered Smartphone?

Smart SS

http://www.louterrailloune.com/smartss.html

ppcsurfr
07-06-2003, 10:19 AM
Using Remote Display is not as easy as using Smart SS, but Smart SS produces files which are quite big.

SOTI was toying around with the idea of making Pocket Controller Pro Smartphone compatible, and if they do, I guess, this would be the best way to do screenshots.

For now, I use Smart SS.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

encece
07-08-2003, 03:14 AM
I use Remote Display...
Take a screenshot on my PC...
Open a new Photoshop[ file with a 176 x 220 72dpi file....
Paste the image in....
Save as a non interlaced GIF.

Nice small 4K screenshots.

Sounds like alot but it really is easy to do.

Cyberjoy
07-08-2003, 07:54 AM
Remote display is very nice when you're at home and have an activesync connection. When you're on the road you can start up SmartSS (freeware!) and make screenshots that are saved on your smartphone. A very nice program indeed!

ppcsurfr
07-08-2003, 08:40 AM
Well, if PocketController Pro comes out for the SMartphone...then it will be the best way to get a screenshot while connected to the PC via ActiveSync.

It's fast, as it can immediately save the image as a jpeg file or keep the exact image in the clipboard for pasting in Photoshop.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

bitbank
07-09-2003, 02:17 PM
I've got Virtual CE working on the smartphone. If any of you forum residents would like to beta test it, let me know and I will send you a copy.

Larry B.

ppcsurfr
07-09-2003, 05:02 PM
Hey that's cool!

Nice to see another one that works for the SMP2002 platform.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

jenneth
07-10-2003, 01:30 PM
Just curious...

Smart SS

http://www.louterrailloune.com/smartss.html

Another vote for Smart SS

shareef
07-16-2003, 07:59 AM
I've got Virtual CE working on the smartphone. If any of you forum residents would like to beta test it, let me know and I will send you a copy.

Larry B.

Hi Larry, I've seen your name in the emulation circles for years :)
didn't you write the pacman/mspacman/digdug set for pocketpc?...
just wondering if you are working on anything like mame, or even a simple lady bug, or phoenix, or galaxian emu *hint* :wink: for smartphone...

Simon D
07-23-2003, 10:58 PM
Smart SS produces files which are quite big. That's because for some reason it saves the images as bitmaps :roll: I then just save them as jpegs or gifs, and they're nice and small :D

Neil
07-31-2003, 05:18 AM
We have a little app at MS that does pretty much what SmartSS does, except it has no UI. It goes on a storage card as an autorun.exe application. That way we can just shove it into the SD slot any time we need a capture, on any device, without having to pre-install anything. It writes the capture to the storage card too, and after the capture is done a dialog comes up letting you know the filename it was saved to.

ppcsurfr
08-04-2003, 03:10 PM
We have a little app at MS that does pretty much what SmartSS does, except it has no UI. It goes on a storage card as an autorun.exe application. That way we can just shove it into the SD slot any time we need a capture, on any device, without having to pre-install anything. It writes the capture to the storage card too, and after the capture is done a dialog comes up letting you know the filename it was saved to.

And of course... this isn't available to the public yet... :lol:

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

ppcsurfr
08-04-2003, 03:12 PM
Smart SS produces files which are quite big. That's because for some reason it saves the images as bitmaps :roll: I then just save them as jpegs or gifs, and they're nice and small :D

True... But with Pocket Controller Pro, you can do the capture on the PC... and not on the mobile device... so even JPEGs are immediatley saved into your PC instead of the Mobile Device... now only if they've gotten it to work with the Smartphone.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo