View Full Version : Google or Live?

Phillip Dyson
05-14-2011, 09:52 PM
Hey all,
I'll looking to phase out my host exchange as my main email and calendar service. I was wondering if others had any thoughts on whether I should transition to Google's or Microsoft's live services.

I currently have accounts in both but thougth I would solicit some input.

buzzard
05-14-2011, 11:02 PM
I use Google for mail, contacts and calendar and find that it works great between Outlook and my WP7 phone. It just seemed easier for me to set up and use the "G" products instead of the MS products. I look at Outlook and WP7 to review my data and rarely ever actually go to the online G-Mail or G-Calendar to do anything.

Phillip Dyson
05-19-2011, 07:18 PM
I find it ironic that you're using Google on WP7 and I'm trying to decide between Google and Live on Android.

To be honest I've been phasing my email over to gmail for quite sometime and I really do like it. I find the label, as opposed to folder, immensely more useful.

Its really the other services that I find extremely spartan on Google's side. Like Calendar and Contacts.

I'm surprised that no one else has an opinion on this. Perhaps I should just bite the bullet and go with Google.

I do have a Live account of course, but I'm not really using it for anything other than getting emails about Xbox and Zune.