View Full Version : Hello Android Thoughts Community!

Craig Horlacher
12-15-2010, 08:00 PM
<p>You may know me as "vector".&nbsp; I'm the newest contributing editor&nbsp;here at Android Thoughts.&nbsp;</p><p>I've always liked mobile devices.&nbsp; I started off with an HP OmniGo and went through a bunch of Palm PC, Pocket PC, and Windows Mobile devices.&nbsp; I've been following Android closely since the release of the G1.&nbsp; As it matured at a staggering rate I finally made the jump to it with a Droid X have no regrets.&nbsp; I'm excited about what Android offers now and the direction it's going!</p><p>​I think 2011 is shaping up to be another&nbsp;amazing year for Android and I am excited to be joining the Android Thoughts team at the beginning!&nbsp; After being part of, and benefiting from, the Thoughts Media community for a number of years I'm glad to give back a little in this way.&nbsp; For me this will also be a fun way to interact with others who are interested in the latest Android news.&nbsp; ​I look forward to&nbsp;learning about Android with you!</p><p>If you like waffles, keep reading.<MORE /></p><p>This is my favorite waffle recipe.&nbsp; I think it won a KOA Campgrounds contest a number of years ago.&nbsp; That's <a href="http://koa.com/Recipe.aspx?id=233215" target="_blank">where I got it</a>.&nbsp; They're not your average waffles!&nbsp; Enjoy!</p><p><strong><em>Best Buttermilk Waffles</em></strong></p><p><em>Ingredients:&nbsp; 2 c flour&nbsp; 1/4 c brown sugar (packed)&nbsp; 1 tsp baking soda&nbsp; 1 1/2 tsp baking powder&nbsp; 1/2 tsp salt&nbsp; 3 eggs&nbsp; 2 c buttermilk&nbsp; 1/2 c butter (melted)&nbsp; 1 tsp vanilla</em></p><p><em>Preparation:</em></p><p><em>In a mixing bowl mix (or whisk) together eggs, buttermilk, butter and vanilla. Pour in dry ingredients and mix. Batter will be runny. Pour about 1/2 cup batter onto waffle baker.</em></p><p><em>Makes 3 1/2 cups batter.</em></p><p><em><strong>Editor's Note: So while waffle recipes aren't unique to Android, they are mighty tasty, which is why I'm cool with my editors posting them (provided, of course, that I receive said waffles at some point!) - Jon.</strong></em></p>

Jon Westfall
12-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Welcome to the team Craig!

Jason Lee
12-16-2010, 01:47 AM
mmmmmmm.... waffles....

eer, umm.. I mean... Welcome to the party!!! :D

Michael Knutson
12-16-2010, 02:40 AM
yes, mmmmmmmmm, waffles! The line forms after Jon ....

Welcome!

Craig Horlacher
12-16-2010, 03:11 AM
I wish I could just hand out waffles to everyone!

Lee Yuan Sheng
12-16-2010, 04:08 AM
Welcome! Nevermind waffles, share more Android goodness! :D

Karey Westfall
12-16-2010, 06:05 AM
Welcome to the team!!! I may have to try out that waffle recipe! Looks delicious! And then Jon will get his waffles! :)

Jason Dunn
12-16-2010, 06:01 PM
Welcome to the team! :D

Darius Wey
12-17-2010, 06:46 AM
An awesome gingerbread man recipe would have been appropriate, but hey, waffles! Love 'em. Want 'em.

Welcome to the team, Craig!

Craig Horlacher
12-17-2010, 03:06 PM
An awesome gingerbread man recipe would have been appropriate, but hey, waffles! Love 'em. Want 'em.

Welcome to the team, Craig!
Agreed! Does anyone have one to share?

btw...I should have mentioned the recipe makes seven 1 inch Belgian waffles.