View Full Version : H.264 Video on Samsung Focus -- Does it work ??

Videoman
12-01-2010, 03:59 PM
The specs for the Focus say it will play H.264 format videos. Has anyone figured out a way to transfer a H.264 video file to the phone ?? The ZUNE software does not support it. I can't believe that Samsung would create a phone that supports H.264 video and then not provide any type of tool to transfer a file to the phone.

Sven Johannsen
12-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Tried e-mailing a short one? Other option is load it on SkyDrive and access via IE. That's how we get Office docs on there.

Videoman
12-02-2010, 11:30 PM
I give the email a try and post my findings.

Videoman
12-03-2010, 02:24 AM
I attached a H264 video file to an email and after receiving it on the phone I clicked on the attachment. The video plays fine but there is no audio. This is the same thing that happens on a desktop PC using windows media player which doesn't support H.264. I'm curious now as to what video player is on the Samsung Focus and if it can really play H.264 video files. The big question of how to transfer a H.264 file from a desktop computer to the phone directly still remains my biggest challenge.I can alway convert my video files to WMV format and use ZUNE to do the transfer but I should not have to do that when the specs for the phone say it supports H.264 video.