View Full Version : phone contacts and windows live contacts

shell83
11-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Ive added my normal contacts with just phone numbers to my htc mozart, but soon as i sign into my windows live, all my phone contacts end up in my windows live contacts and mix all in together... but i want them seperate, how can i do this?

Sven Johannsen
11-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Not sure what you mean by your 'normal' phone numbers. Contacts, aka People on Windows Phone 7 can draw from numerous contact lists, Live, Google, Facebook, Exchange, etc. While all the contacts will be displayed together, their source is preserved and distinct. That is your Live contacts won't end up in your Exchange Account. When you create a new contact, you can specify what account, Exchange, Live, etc. that contact belongs too, but it needs to belong to some account, and Live is the default.

If you are talking about SIM based contacts, I haven't found a way to create or import those, though I may have missed some option on initial setup. Wouldn't have been any on my SIM as it was a brand new one, in any case. I would have expected though that if imported, they would import to the Live account,it being the default.

There is a way to associate duplicative entries, without mixing them, if you have a Live contact that is also a facebook friend for instance. Haven't played with that much at this point myself.