¹ HELP! my screen is ruined. - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 01-09-2007, 02:56 PM
king_of_kings
Neophyte
Send a message via MSN to king_of_kings
Default HELP! my screen is ruined.

please, please help me out. it hasnt been a month since i've had my zune, i turned it on today and saw the screen was completly ruined. it looks to me that the liquid inside has splatterd allover, with coloured ink blots and lines all over. it hasnt dropped, been exposed to water or heat but yet this has happend. i'm not sure what to do as i'm in england and got this brand new from ebay. so can someone help me out? how can i get the warrenty info and who do i need to contact to get this fixed?

Old 01-09-2007, 05:13 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Because it's only a month old, it's still under warranty, but being in London, your options are limited. Your first point of contact would be Zune Support: http://www.zune.net/en-US/support/contactsupport/

They'll most likely tell you to ship it to a friend in the US, who can then ship it (using a prepaid box) to Microsoft for repair. Alternatively, they'd ask you to take it back to the store you purchased it from and have it exchanged for a brand new one, but because you purchased it off eBay, that's probably not a realistic option.

Old 01-09-2007, 09:20 PM
NPrtmn4evr
Ponderer

I'm curious as to how this happened. What was the situation like when you noticed the problem? Did you just turn it on from being completely off, was it in standby mode? Was it working fine before this incident? I know you said it wasn't dropped, exposed to water or extreme heat, but what about exteme cold (anything around or below freezing)? Was it exposed to anything magnetic?

For advice, being in England and having purchased it off eBay, your options are limited, like the previous poster stated. I'm afraid I don't have anything new to offer you.

Old 01-09-2007, 11:06 PM
king_of_kings
Neophyte
Send a message via MSN to king_of_kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPrtmn4evr View Post
I'm curious as to how this happened. What was the situation like when you noticed the problem? Did you just turn it on from being completely off, was it in standby mode? Was it working fine before this incident? I know you said it wasn't dropped, exposed to water or extreme heat, but what about exteme cold (anything around or below freezing)? Was it exposed to anything magnetic?

For advice, being in England and having purchased it off eBay, your options are limited, like the previous poster stated. I'm afraid I don't have anything new to offer you.
yep, i came home from collage and placed in its pouch and then in safley in my draw. the player was on standby mode, as i only learnt how to turn it off today. i took it off hold and found the screen as described. it wasnt exposed to extreame cold either or magnetic. and yes it was working perfeclty the day before with no screen damage. it seems like the lcd liqued has leaked.

Old 01-09-2007, 11:41 PM
NPrtmn4evr
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_of_kings View Post
yep, i came home from collage and placed in its pouch and then in safley in my draw. the player was on standby mode, as i only learnt how to turn it off today. i took it off hold and found the screen as described. it wasnt exposed to extreame cold either or magnetic. and yes it was working perfeclty the day before with no screen damage. it seems like the lcd liqued has leaked.
That's weird. Usually if there's a leak like that it is caused by some type of damage. The only thing I can possibly think of, was it somehow damaged when you went home? Did you put it in a bag that may have had heavier bags placed on top of it? Or did you have the Zune while you were heading home?

Although, this could just quite possibly be a defective Zune. In either case get in contact with customer support and they should be able to help you out.