¹ Getting Songs From an iPod to Your Zune - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 12-14-2006, 12:00 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Getting Songs From an iPod to Your Zune

<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.jakeludington.com/zune/20061212_copy_songs_from_ipod_to_zune.html' target='_blank'>http://www.jakeludington.com/zune/20061212_copy_songs_from_ipod_to_zune.html</a><br /><br /></div><em>&quot;Bebe asks, &quot;Is it possible to transfer music from an iPod to a Zune?&quot; There's no direct way to copy files from an iPod to a Zune. Files purchased from iTunes music store will not play on a Zune, just as files purchased from Zune Marketplace won't play on an iPod. Using one of several combinations of software, you can get any MP3 files stored on an iPod onto a Zune. Zune Software and iTunes If you have MP3 files in iTunes that are also on your iPod, you can get these files on a Zune with relative ease. By default, Zune automatically watches the My Music folder in your My Documents folder. iTunes typically creates a subfolder for your iTunes music library in this folder, which also automatically gets added to the Zune library. Assuming you have any MP3 files in the iTunes music library, the files will be available in the Zune software.&quot;</em><br /><br />Jake Ludington has put together a quick article that deals with the options you have for getting songs off your iPod and onto your Zune. Worth a look if you're unsure of how to go about it.

Old 12-15-2006, 06:17 PM
rob
Pupil

I wonder how long it will be before Jon Lech Johansen's work for Doubletwist gets licensed and fitted into a proggie that converts iTunes music to something the Zune can read.