Laptop Thoughts - News & Reviews on Laptops, Netbooks, Slates, and More

Be sure to register in our forums! Share your opinions, help others, and enter our contests.

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > LAPTOP THOUGHTS > Laptop Thoughts Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Chris Gohlke
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Making Windows 7 More Tablet Friendly

http://blog.laptopmag.com/7-ways-to...y#axzz12pxS1uot

"As someone who believes in open platforms and user choice, I want Windows 7 to compete in the tablet space. After all, there are millions of applications that run under Microsoft’s desktop OS and there’s no app store gate keeper to stop anyone from writing and distributing software. Unfortunately, as I (and others) have seen on a number of tablets lately, the Windows 7 UI just doesn’t work well with finger input. On the bright side, we hear that Microsoft is working on a more touch-friendly interface for Windows, which is supposed to be based on the “big buttons” of Media Center."

This article is spot on.  I just picked up a new netbook that converts into a tablet and runs Windows 7.  After messing around a bit with the tablet functionality, I don't think I'll be making much use of it.  This article hits the main reasons, and it was a relief to see that these are legitimate issue with the OS, not just that I wasn't using it correctly or hadn't read the manual type issues.